Frist Project Finally Finished

well heres my guitar finally finished.

This was after it had been cut out, routed and roughly sanded

PIC_0001.JPG

PIC_0006.JPG

This is before i blended in the sides after the routing

PIC_0009.JPG

Finally after sanding down and spray painting white i sprayed on clear gloss that my dad baught me.

PIC_0020.JPG

PIC_0021.JPG

This was made for my DT Graphic Products class and was my first ever attempt at making a guitar. I was supposed to spray paint a dragon on to it but i didnt have enough time due to the deadline, as well as not being able to do body contours^_^. I Also couldnt use the lazer cut strat template for the routing of the pickups i baught so i had to make one...which went horribly wrong but i had to use it anyway B)

This is the dragon i was going to do but in black and white

drachelinks.jpg

All in all i think i have done pretty well..... :D:D

(next project starts in august) :D:D

i wont fix it up to be a working guitar as its only made out of MDF, it was just a practice. I dont see the point in actually using it as its made out of MDF so it will probably have a crap tone. Ill be buy Alder in august and make a strat with a quilted maple top.

When you do the final, don't forget that your pickup rout should be a little shallower than your control cavity. Otherwise you're not going to have enough depth to do the trem rout on the back of the guitar. (Not an issue if you're doing a hardtail, in which case you wouldn't have the bridge rout.)

You can see the "stepped" rout in the pics of this body:

http://warmoth.com/Showcase/wgp_body_detai...itemNumber=s281

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
i wont fix it up to be a working guitar as its only made out of MDF, it was just a practice. I dont see the point in actually using it as its made out of MDF so it will probably have a crap tone. Ill be buy Alder in august and make a strat with a quilted maple top.

I have a lindert made from MDF. Souds great and tough as hell.