Black Limba

Sorry to Hijack your thread Dave. I didn't mean to, really.

My guitar sounds very stratty on the neck pickup both clean and overdriven. The bridge on the other hand, well you can see it has a Dimebucker in it, which is about the hottest pickup I've ever played except for the Dimarzio X2N. The NEck on Mine is limba also but I think the Cocobolo Board helps keep the highs. all in all I think it sounds very similar to Alder but Black Limba is sooo much prettier

Drak: You're welcome to play it. I'm in Mt. Airy every weekend

Originally mine was going to have a middle pickup too but I decided not to because they always seem to get in the way of my picking habd

Yup, I know what you mean. I know it's probably not the "correct" thing to do but I lowered my middle pickup just a bit more than normal to avoid this. It actually helped a bit to balance the volume since it sounded louder than the others. I have to assume that it's due to the amplitude of the string vibration at that point but maybe there's something else about it?

As for the sound:

I can't put the thing down!!!! It is the best sounding guitar I have ever built/owned. I'm thinking about pulling the EMG's out of the skull guitar and putting in a demon with the booster circuit. It just sounds so full of life - very crisp, bluesy but when I want to, I can get a great metal sound out of it also. I know it sounds like I'm full of myself here- I wish someone else from here could try it out. I'm still a big fan of EMG's but man - I just can't get that sound out of them - maybe I need an SPC in the skull guitar?

I don't even have the fretwork done on it yet and I can't leave it alone!!! Maybe Wes has a better idea - just finish it first then play. I've yet to do that but it probably would have helped in this case.

Thanks for the kind words,

Dave

Single Coil Routing Question

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not - there is a search feature that comes in pretty handy for these things. The tricky part is remembering to change it so that it searches during the right time period and forum. I normally use any forum and any date and if it gives the phone book, start limiting the fields. Of course it helps to know what to use as a keyword also - I used "triangular" to get the link.