Dirt cheap figured woods.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I'm not sure when this project is going to begin, so I'm not positive yet on the woods. But so far I'm thinking a quilted maple top, a cheap body wood, maybe you could give me some suggestions?, an ebony fretboard, and whatever necks are usually made of, maple is it? I'm a newbie, so I hope to get some more information before i go any further with this idea. Two other questions, (very newbish), in that first picture of the nice quilt, would that be able to be made a uniform color, or would some areas be noticably darker than others. Also, could you, for a fee, pre-slot fretboards if they are available. Thanks. Neal

There's a guy on e-Bay who's a veneer dealer who always throws a dollar bill on the piece so you can 'get an idea' of it's size in proportion to the almighty dollar bill. :D

Yeah, if your sellin' wood, you better have sharp, crisp, clear pics, hehehe... :DB):D:D

Sorry, concentrasting on cutting it. My bandsaw access is kinda hard...cant get a hold of my buddy who owns one that will do uit.

Ok, bad news:

All the wood didnt come out.

All wood is ~3/8

MDW, BLS, Strange, Paul, Kriz, Goth, TSL, and Lowe have first dibs. due to emils/PMs of serious nature. I am quite sorry the wood is not an expected.

I believe Kriz claimed the flamed cherry.

Now the pics.

Flame 1

f1.jpg

f1wet.jpg

Flame 2

f2.jpg

f2wet.jpg

Flamed Cherry

fc.jpg

fcwet.jpg

fcwet2.jpg

Came from mad quilt 2

mpwet2.jpg

MQ.jpg

mqwer2.jpg

cont'd below.

mqwet1.jpg

Quilt

q.jpg

qwet2.jpg

qwet.jpg

And the $10 piece of project quilt. I think it can be salvaged. One piece is 1/4, the other is 3/8 to 1/2. More pics in a few.

proj%20q.jpg

proj%20quilt.jpg

proj%20quiltwet.jpg

projqwet2.jpg

projqwet3.jpg