Pics of some completed projects

As I have been showing the progress on my current bass project, I figured I should send some pictures of completed instruments I have made.

The first is a Gibson explorer copy I started when I was 14 (14 years ago).

Becuase I had no idea of the true tool requirements to complete the project it went on hold for 10 years.

It has a basswood body, maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard.

I think it's good for a first project, but i will probably refinish it one day.

This instrument is finished in Nitrocellulose lacquer.

EXP1.jpg

EXP2.jpg

A checkerboard tele I started on but decided i dont like. I'll probably use it for a cutting board. Walnut Maple face with a poplar back.

bass-044.jpg

My purpleheart P-bass. I built this instrument for $100. This was my goal to see if i could build a first class P bass for $100. I got the purpleheart for free from a friend who was putting in purpleheart floors. (ridiculously rich friend i might add). I already had loads of maple (so im not counting it's cost) and the rosewood was left from the explorer.

The pickup is a cheap duncan performer, but remember the budget constraint.

I like the way this instrument looks and plays, but it is TOO DAMNED HEAVY to play for long.

1/4 Sawn purpleheart with a slight figuring. Hard Maple core slight curl to it. Walnut strips in between.

This instrument is finished in Tung Oil.

DSCN0088.jpg

bassinside2.jpg

bassoutside1.jpg

bassoutside2.jpg

bassoutside3.jpg

bassoutside4.jpg

Bass1.jpg

finally my really cool project. YES i built it myself too. It is finished in the dupont Chroma sytem.

passengerfrontangle.jpg

1972 Datsun 240Z

1st place Nissan Modifed 240Z nation Z car convention 2002

OOHHHHH MY!!!! :D GOOOOOD LORD!!!! B) I Love Z cars. I've had my '76 280z since I was 15. I learned to drive in it. it was stolen about three years ago but I got it back. It was stripped of rims, tires and stereo and dented a little but my motor is still sweet. Headers, cylinders bored .30 over, taller cam, shortened shifter throw. It's a quick lil bugger.

I Love Z Cars!!! (ooops, I already said that didn't I) :D

That's too cool!!!!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Z cars are bad ass! I have an 82 maxima with a 280Z 5 speed convo. Cant wait to buy my first 280...mmmm...L28ET :D . Till then, I'll just chill with my diesel max.

• 2 weeks later...