The Ultimate Punk Rock Guitar?

Randomly decided that one day I would papier mache my telecaster and refit it with fender single coils from my uncles tele. Now the problem is I can't seem to find a decent laqcuer to use on the papier mache, all the ones I've tried haven't worked properly B)

Can anyone suggest something I can use?

Or possibly further mods that would make it a better guitar for a CHEAP CHEAP price? :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Krylon's crystal clear glaze is compatable with paper mache.

But WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PAPER MACHE YOUR TELE?

Whatever you see fit tho.

Errr...it's no different from a material finish.....unless he built it up in layers and caked it on...in that case EWWWWwwww...

but thin coloured tissue in a mosaic type pattern would be pretty cool...so would newspaper clippings if you were still able to read part of it...

It sounds bad (as in awful)...but it really has an incredible potential to be bad (as in bad ass)

that newspaper thing would be cool if al the articles were about bizzare things such as Charlie Manson killing people, princess diana dying, tons of people dying in a car crash, etc... It would be hard to go back and find all these clippings, so my idea is: buy blank newsaper paper... and then print the articles off the internet.. and then clip them as if out of a real newspaper.. It could work... and even make a fake one about you (whoever is creating it) becoming king of the world or something... it could be awesome if done right...

sorry about stealing your thread...

i reckon it would look awesome if you pulled it off right, dont listen to the naysayers :D

Its a risk though.

I originally wanted to finish a guitar in fluffy material B) like this zebra material i found at a shop locally which has like fluff thats about 1/2" long :D A mate suggested lacquering over it so it would make an awesome pattern under the clear coat... but how i would go about applying the clear and how thick it would need to be (:|) is unthinkable heh :D

good luck!

Hey, stop flaming his papier mache idea, like litchfield says "its his guitar" i think that might look cool, but not on a tele, on one of those new standard nothing special about it fender strats, the $100, save the tele man, a paper mache tele...nah, paper mache strat...yeah!

Funny - I was thinking of getting a HUGE dollar bill as a finish for a PRS kit...

well, the real things do cost big bucks after all...