New guy here... Boggs

Just wanted to say "Hi!" to you all and say that I have had a couple of projects working as an amateur builder/fixer-upperand have been really enjoying it! Rebuilt my 30 year old Yamaha 12-string including building up the bridge, installing a JLD Bridge Doctor to get the belly out of the top, removing the original pickguard, repairing the divots in the fingerboard, doing a neck reset, installing new Grover mini-locking tuners, making a fossilized mastadon bone nut and saddle and refinishing the neck all with a friend, tjfuss who may yet come to this board too...

I also have been designing and building a new semi-hollow-body guitar the prototype of which I will be playing for our church service this Sunday. It will be made from Cuban mahogany for the 1-3/4" thick body skeleton and 1/4" thick African Padauk for the top and back. there will be a 1/32" thick binding layer of maple between the padauk and the mahogany for contrast. Sides will be rounded. The neck is made from mahogany with maple and padauk overlay on the headstock and ebony fingerboard with black locking Sperzel machines and stainless steel frets. All controls and bridge and tailstop parts are also black. It is dual humbucker with any combination of single coils available tapped also at the flick of a switch. 3 switches give you any combination of any to all coils.

I have played the prototype and the tonal variations are extremely impressive.

Next winter, I hope to build another (solid body this time) guitar a bit more conventionally using bookmatched koa I picked up while I was in Hawaii for the wing top and back with again mahogany for the wing body material and it will be a koa neck-through. I have posted pics of the woods for the semi-hollow on another thread (cutting body shape without a bandsaw) but here are pics of the koa for next winter's project...

Koa.jpg

Koa2.jpg

Let me know what pictures you would want to see of which portion of any project. Enjoy! Boggs