First project of any sort..

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this.. :D Oh well.. Here it goes...

It's my first project and it's basically a whole bunch of used parts thrown together.. I got a whole lot more info about it on my site here.. Click on 'Guitars'.. It's the one in the middle.. Can't figure out how to link there directly thanks to my incessant use of frames.. Sorry...

bluebig.jpg

More pictures on the site..

Dude,

That's seriously sweet! You should be proud of having made a good sounding "2nd Hand-O-Caster". To me that's a badge of honour, not shame. :D

That wiring looked NUTS! Better you than me! <laff>

Greg

Looks great!

I have a question on the one that you're desiging - the one that looks like a LP: you mention that you're going to use a BTC and VMC. I always assumed that since they are designed for use with a bass - they wouldn't be suitable for guitar. Do they work well on a guitar? Are they much different from the EXG, SPC, ... circuits?

Daveq: About the VMC & BTC, that's what I thought too when I first heard about them but apparently they're quite commonly used by electric guitarists in their electrics.. Was thinking of giving it a shot.. Another idea I've got (a cheaper one) is to use a circuit I've got to give me series/parallel and split options on both humbuckers..

I also had a look at the other EMG units for electric but I wasn't too impressed.. The VMC BTC combi sounds like it would give a better variation, tone-wise.. I'm currently having second thoughts about it, though.. Thinking of just sticking with the series/parallel/split thing I've got.. Still deciding.. :D

Nouseforone: Er, don't quite catch your meaning.. If you're asking which classifieds I got the parts and stuff from, I got 'em from the Luther Music one.. It's a Singaporean classifieds, though, so unless you're in Singapore, it may not be of much help.. Hope that was what you were asking..

Thanks for all the comments, guys.. Much appreciated!! B)