Guitar of the Month for June

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that currently sell their creations either at home or on the web and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of May then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

In the event of more then 10 entries the voting will be split and a second vote will determine the winner between the top two winners of the other polls

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here is my entry.

Flammed maple neck, mahogany, paduk, flammed birch sides. Hand carved top,

fender gold sensor pickups.

cocobolo fretboard. 25in scale jumbo frets and grover tuners. custom matched flammed maple control cavity.

hand rubbed tung oil finish.

This guitar was the second guitar that I made and was a dog, I recarved the top and reshapped the neck and its a player now sounds and feels awesome.

pic1.jpg

backflame.jpg

Magnum648

I don't know if I have the courage, but I guess there is nothing to lose. As a newbie here, I would like to try out my last "weapon".

This guitar is my 3rd complete guitarproject and the first where I have used FEM-analyses (Finite Element Method) in the design phase, in addition to 3D solid modeling. This was very interesting and brought the guitar building hobby to a new level, both beeing able to see what it will look like, making good balance by optimizing the position of the centre of gravity, and also avoid unwanted resonances before even buying a piece of wood! The result turned out to be a real joy to play!

A presentation of the Magnum648 is laying here:

My Magnum648 page

Sample picture:

m648_02.jpg

hi funkle,

the aluminium is water jet cut, and the filleting of the edges is done by a regular wood router with hard metal router bits for wood!

Regarding the Spalt bass, thanks for showing me - I have never seen it before - but, it is clear that we have many similarities both regarding design and consept (a paralell to how the human beings have been developed in parall on different continents... :D).