Project Dirty...

Ok so I decided to build a really battered looking Jem / RG type thingo. And here is the result, I'm really happy with the way it looks kinda rustic and worn... There is purposely no real finish to it as I want it to get dinked and battered about quite a bit... its a work horse at the end of the day...

ibanez2.JPG

I built the body myself and changed the electrics / pickups to something a bit more mellow I got out of an old Yamaha...

ibanez3.JPG

The pickguard started out clear so I just laminated some reflective sheet to the underside of it and there you go... Mirror Pickguard!!! Chuffed!!!

All up including the guitar this project cost me less than $150 AU which I'm amazed by... thats including scamming the original neck and bits and bob's from a pawn shop for $75 AU... ahahaha FOOLS!!!!

Any comments welcome!! Cheers and hope your all good! :DB)

i love it!

looks like the headstock might could use some color matching to the body or is it just the picture?

t

I got lazy with the headstock... with the headstock being maple I just didnt want to darken it down too much, kind of liked the diff shades. If anyone knows where I can get a decal for the headstock I'd appreciate it though!

Hi Eddie!!!! :D

Congratulatios!!! :D The guitar is very beautiful, the natural finish looks great....

By the way.... is the same project called "Project Matia" or this Jem project is other? Grettings Bro B)

Hi Eddie!!!! :D

Congratulatios!!! B) The guitar is very beautiful, the natural finish looks great....

By the way.... is the same project called "Project Matia" or this Jem project is other? Grettings Bro :D

Thanks Bro! :D

Project Matia is coming along but I'm currently waiting for the trem, machineheads and locking nuts to be powder coated in a brass finish by a friend of mine!!!

I hope to get them back some time in the next 2 weeks then its just a case of finising the vine inlay on the neck and getting the final couple of coats of clear on her!! As soon as she is done picks will be posted!!!

Oh and Saber I think your right thats a cool idea!!! Truss rod cover has now been removed!! Cheers and thanks for all your comments!!!!

:D