Guitar of the Month for May - Final Vote

Time once again!  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Much Thanks! It probably won't matter though the way it looks right now. but that's cool it just gives me more determination for my next project (evil grin)

Don't look at it that way. Mykas guitar looks more impressive there is no doubt about it, but your guitar has more the workhorse style and looks to be executed perfectly. I voted for you guitar because I would rather own and play that one then mykas for daily use, although it does not look as spectacular if you know what I mean....It's like the comparison between a Fender Strat and a PRS. The PRS looks way flashier and has more "optical" features, but that does not make the strat the worse guitar. In fact I would NEVER trade my strat for a PRS even if it was a direct swap.

Also, when a vote's to the wire, and for their own reasons people vote one particular way, it in no way diminishes their respect and admiration for your work; it just means that they had to pick only one.

I'm sure many people would love to own the Korina dinky. :D

Scott, you have my vote because I love natural wood. I like figured maple too, but you see a lot of that on production models, PRS etc. I have never seen an all limba guit before, and what I like about custom guitars is the ingenuity in each individual one. For PRS or Gibson, "ingenuity" is a run of hundreds of guitars on which people's pay is riding. A quilt top guitar is usually a safe bet, but Gibson or PRS would never risk it on a guit like yours. That is what I like about yours, Scott, is that it is a custom guitar that can ONLY be a hand-made custom.

keep rockin no matter the vote!! :D

I'm just curious why there are over 200 Views on this thread and only 37 votes????? :DB):D

It's the same thing that's wrong with our Country. too many passivists just looking and no one speaking until it's too late :D

ive viewed it maybe eight times now :D

I went with myka this time. Sorry scott.

My resoning was that although i was really impressed with the look of scotts, myka's shape is more unique. I like individuality, so thats how i voted. I ALSO had a real good look at the fretwork on scotts, and while its very well polished, im not a fan of the exposed tang at the edge of the fretboard. Yes, i really did have to be that picky!! If you cut the tangs back a couple mm scott, and filled the fret slots, i reckon you would have nailed it. I like those little details B)

However, its a tough call, because scott nailed the look on that guitar, i feel. I HATE all those fender, ibanez, etc etc knock offs eveyone makes, but Scotts just turned me on. I guess that was more because of the unusual (for that shape) timber choices.

I ALSO had a real good look at the fretwork on scotts, and while its very well polished, im not a fan of the exposed tang at the edge of the fretboard. Yes, i really did have to be that picky!! If you cut the tangs back a couple mm scott, and filled the fret slots, i reckon you would have nailed it. I like those little details B)

That's ok to each his own :D , this is all in fun anyway I actually like Myka's guitar too. he obviously has some serious machinery and skill. but when I decided to buid this guitar I decided to go about it without the use of the Pinrouter. the whole thing was done with the bandsaw, hand Router and electric sanders, and a cabinet scraper. I never intended for it to Win GOTM, It was more of an experiment to see what I could accomplish without the use of a pinrouter or CNC Machine

actually I nip the ends back an my guitars too. I didn't on that one because the neck had been made for over 8 months and I figured it would shrink anymore. I've had other guitars with unfinished necks shrink so bad that the side of the neck felt llike a Cheese Grater, but no this one. In fact, this neck is so stable/stiff I haven't touched the truss rod ever. it has 1.5mm of relief