Guitar of the Month for June

Amateur Division voting  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

there we're lots of great ones this month. I liked the workhorse jem and the airbrushing on the sg, and i liked the 31 fret guitar and darren's custom, but the two that i fell for were the sg and the bass. It took me a while, but i finally went with the bass. I just hope my project can come out nearly as nice as any of these entries. Neal

i voted for mikeb - the B1 'june'

i think it is a very classy looking axe, and has two very compelling features, the 31 fret neck and the pitch pine body, unusual but beautiful

john.

Classy says it all... the 31 fret neck was also quite impressive.

thanks guys :$ was my first neck ever, like the geetar, i thought although adventurous for my first neck nothing ventured nothing gained! so i went along and made it B) its beautiful :D

Mike

Loosetoe, your use of original designs, all wood, and some of the best spalt and best flame I have ever seen anywhere separately IN ONE PIECE won my vote.

I just played my first 35" scale bass yesterday, and even with one inch difference, it felt weird to play. That 38" scale of yours must be....damn. :D

Good luck to everyone!

:D well, what can i say, exellent all round really. good luck to all, the bass looks like a nathan seppard design, used to have one of his is yours really thin too? :D great design man (knew should have waited till the last to post :D) im currently doing a hendrix strat, so watch this space, the coveted gotm will bw mine one day !! (cue evil dictator type laugh)

B)

rock on!!

skibum5545

The scale + no frets has proved ...um....challenging. I have become much more accustomed to playing it over the last couple of weeks, but man has it been an interesting experience. Strangely I have foundit to be the lightest bass I own which has really surprised me. I figured it would be massive, but it's quite comfortable.

darkmavis

I am not familiar with Seppard. The bass is 1.25" thick. This is actually thicker than I orignially wanted, but going much thiner would have required a few more steps of planning. I played on a 3/4" thick bass at the local high end bass shop. It was made by a local luthier whose name excapes me. I was really surprised at this instrument. The thin body was so strange, but nice and light. I dont care for instruments that weight a ton (Warwick).

BTW, if i could paint like you, I would definitely do it for a living. That finish is awe inspiring.

-Wayne

Damn... it's a close one this month! Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. There are lots of amazing entries this month... i should have waited! :D

I know who i'd vote for (not just for myself! B) ) but i make a point of not judging contests i'm entered in, and vice versa. It's just part of my own personal code of ethics. :D

i hadto go for the Blues axe, i really like all of them but theres just something about that one. i think its because deep down i really want an SG lol