Guitar of the Month for July

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that currently sell their creations either at home or on the web and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of June then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

In the event of more then 10 entries the voting will be split and a second vote will determine the winner between the top two winners of the other polls

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

I figure it's now or never: here's my walnut bass!! B)

It's an original body design, based on the J-Bass and my G&L SB-1, but with a longer top horn.

SPECS:

-one-piece walnut body with sapwood inclusions,

arm bevel, back bevel, and contoured heel

-Warmoth satin finish Maple/Ebony neck

-Gotoh GB-7 tuners

-Tusq nut

-Neck bolted on with 10-24 stainless bolts into tapped holes in the maple

-Wenge backplate with stainless bolts into brass threaded inserts

-Vol-Blend-Tone wiring w/ side output jack

-Leo Quan Badass II bridge

-EMG P-J set pickups

-Dunlop Straplocks

-DR Lo-Rider strings

This thing has monster tone and sustain like you've NEVER heard, and the action can go incredibly low. It balances perfectly and plays like a dream. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my success. I just can't wait to build the next one... :D

PIC00001.jpg

PIC00007.jpg

PIC00004.jpg

PIC00010.jpg

This is my first build BTW... :D

Eventually I'll construct a site detailing the building process, but for now all I have time for is the completed pics.

PS for those of you who care about such things, these pics were taken on an Olympus 1.3 megapixel digital camera.

And yes, this post is nearly identical to my post in the finished work section. Any comments, hovever, should go in the other thread so as to not clutter up this one. :D and :D

Here's my entry (wanted to get it in last month, but things got tied up)

Specs:

Custom 21 Fret PRS Copy

Mahogany Back w/Quartersawn Hard Maple Carved Top

Bookmatched Hard Maple neck (opposite nearly quartersawn grain for stability)

Rosewood Fingerboard with 1/4" Abalone Dot Inlays (pearl side dots)

PING (sperzel copies) Tuning Machines

PRS Tremelo

PRS Santana SE Pickups

This is the second full guitar we have done. The first was a fretless bass flop, and this is the second.

finishfront.jpg

finishback.jpg

finishbody.jpg

finishside.jpg

finishdark.JPG

Well, I'm back for a second round after my crushing defeat to Drak's monstrous C'bolo V. Since then I've re-lacquered the neck (needed to fix some unfilled grain), fitted new handturned knobs, wired up the new electrics, and given it all a final buff over.

I also took some better photos, enjoying the fleeting British sunshine whilst I can :D Still need to get some good shots of the back, hopefully before the July deadline.

Here's a full length panorama:

panorama.jpg

And some close ups of the carved maple:

17_finalfront_closeup.jpg

18_finalfront_closeup_right.jpg

19_finalfront_closeup_left.jpg

Man I love that Strat, it inspired me enough to go out and get a piece big enough for my doubleneck proj. The thing that's scary is how you arrived at THE SAME EXACT choices of neck wood, hardware etc as I had arrived at (before I saw the completed rig). Right down to the dome knobs.

OK, I've got ebony instead of RW for the fretboards, but that's about the only difference.

Mkay heres my Nuclear Strat (I really need to come up with a better name lol)

have a look at the original thread for the full spec

Original Thread

On to the pictures

front.jpg

frontclose.jpg

backclose.jpg

headstock.jpg

looking at the compotition i dont think i got a hope in hells chance of winning espescially with that damn spalted strat in here (damn you tsl lol)

nehu, hope you liek it

• 3 weeks later...