Inlay idea

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want an idea for materials that would suggest masculinity, or at least non- sexual orientation (nuetral), if someone were asking me to do this inlay for a male I would make the petals out of white river pearl, the stem out of gaspeit, and the leaves out of red abalone heart.

Lots of color, but no colors that derive any girl or boy theme.

Just throwing out ideas :D

Craig

Or you could do sort of a Grateful Dead roses and Bones kinda sorta thang.

For a manly man to use roses, ya gotta balance it out with some death/skull/bones/spade attitude to make it fly.

(just kidding really...)

I dunno, think Poisen here, I'm sure they did something like that ( :D )

...Dammit Dave, JUST GIVE US ROSES! B):D:D

OK, that's it - someone mentioned Poison - now the idea is officially cancelled!!!

(just kidding - but thoughts of that band make me shutter - ughhh!)

Thanks for the material suggestions Craig - much appreciated.

I don't know if I'm going to do it but I appreciate the ideas everyone - thank you!

OK, that's it - someone mentioned Poison - now the idea is officially cancelled!!!

(just kidding - but thoughts of that band make me shutter - ughhh!)

Thanks for the material suggestions Craig - much appreciated.

I don't know if I'm going to do it but I appreciate the ideas everyone - thank you!

maybe you could sell it to cc deville :D

I have always wanted tyo see arose but have the stem geadually turn into barbed wire towards the bridge

that is seriously the coolest thing i have heard in a long time, i cant get the image out of my head...

Ive had that idea since I was about 14. Still can get it out of my head.....really, I cant get it out, not even on a fretboard or paper.

I say go for it! Make a beautiful, lush red rose and stand tall! My friend Lash has a red rose tattooed on his left arm, and I never hear anyone asking him if it's because he's gay (usually it's more like, "Do you mind if we get a closer look at your bike, sir?"). :D

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with some of the others....go for it!!! it sounds "original" I think it would look kickass. Forget all that "poison" b.s. and just do it becouse it "stemed" :D from your mind.......Seriously though do it i think you'd satisfied with it.....and just like Vai names his axes "EVO", "FLOW".......dub yours "ROSE"

theres two sides to every story, but i dont think people will get the wrong impression from a rose inlay. Guitars can indeed be a work of art, and a rose is a very artistic symbol, persay. which leads me to my next question, how are you making this rose? what material and tools would you use to make it? roses are very geometrically complex, it seems to me, anyway. the barbed wire really adds a touch of masculinity, if youre at all worried.

my inlay idea is for a ocean horizon line with the sun setting and maybe a palm tree here or there.