Kramer 5150 project

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure some people are going to say it will, but I just dont buy it. Im sure it will resonate just fine. Besides, with a high output humbucker and distortion, I bet no one will ever notice.

Ive owned plywood body guitars that sounded fantastic with decent pickups, so Im not too concerned.

Haven't had much chance to work on it this week, Ill get the body painted in base coat white next monday or tuesday, then its time to fit the hardware up and drill the neck. Once Im happy with the setup, Ill tear it apart again and finish the paint job with the stripes and then the clear.

Haven't had much chance to work on it this week, Ill get the body painted in base coat white next monday or tuesday, then its time to fit the hardware up and drill the neck. Once Im happy with the setup, Ill tear it apart again and finish the paint job with the stripes and then the clear.

NO CLEAR NO CLEAR NO CLEAR!!!!! :DB):D

ahh just kidding to each his own. Mine has a thin layer of clear but it's sanded to 1000 and not polished

If you were going for a real replica, I will say like scott, no clear, or a thin layer then sanded so it will look like a used beater. But I don't know about you, after all the work put into the guitar, I will do as many coats as possible, the more depth the guitar shows the better, also it will protect were the colors meet, the reason some of Eddie's guitar lines looks faded and others don't is because he probably didn't used much clear either.