which one?

Rich

which one do you recommend? i want ones that just scream that metal sound  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough choise. I have the Seymour Hot Rails in the neck position of one of my guitars. It's okay, but I'm not sure I would get it again. Seymours seem a little more muddy sounding than the DiMarzios. At least, to my ears they do.

Given that you are after a metal sound, I suspect that the Screamin Deamon would be the way to go. I've never used one though.

It all depends on your definition of "Screaming Metal!!!"

Us old-timers, who used to play in the 80's would tell you that the JB is the way to go

That was what ALL the 80's metal guys played (59 in the Neck....JB in the bridge!!!)

It was standard equipment for the Lynch, Demartini, & other 80's Shred guys!

:D:D:D:DB)B)B)

Dave K

It all depends on your definition of "Screaming Metal!!!"

Us old-timers, who used to play in the 80's would tell you that the JB is the way to go

That was what ALL the 80's metal guys played (59 in the Neck....JB in the bridge!!!)

It was standard equipment for the Lynch, Demartini, & other 80's Shred guys!

:D:D:D:DB)B)B)

Dave K

I didn't know that.. Thanks!!! This will work good on my RG470 too right?

only one pickup has that pantera crunch,and that is the dimebucker.great pickup but if you play speed riffs such as slayer it gets a little sloppy.only one pickup i have found has enough clarity for slayer and that is the emg 81.but for pantera the dimebucker is the only choice.that's why i put different pickups in all my guitars,no one pickup does it all.but that other guy is right about the jb.great pickup and alot of the heavier rock bands still use it.but rich i think you have enough guitars that if you put different pickups in every guitar,you would probably have every kind of pickup they make!you should try to get a discount for buying in bulk.and dean should give you free guitars for all the good word of mouth you give them.ya know what's funny?every time i think of dean i am reminded of looking at the sears catalog as a 14 year old kid daydreaming about having one of those guitars(even though all sears had was the really cheap ones)to this day i have never put my hands on a dean.

Wes you need to put your hands on a dean!!! i think if i put a dif pup in each of my guitars theyd need to invent new pups just so i could have a dif one in each axe!! lol

Dean Z and Elliott(the owner) treat me as good as the rest of the dean customers LIKE A KING!!! at the doa meeting (like jemfest but for dean maniacs) (i couldnt attend this year) they had a free open bar and had a party the night before the thing at the factory and Elliott footed the whole bill...They are also making us Limited Eddition guitars and basses (only 50 guitars and 12 basses)...It doesnt matter if you own one dean or 30 your treated like a rock star by the co thats why i love them so much!! i inquired on a part and got a call the next day from the Customer rep guy helping me out!!! now thats service!!! no "please leave message we'll get back to you " BS straight up all cool guys! I can't praise them enough lol i actully bout one of their entry level guitars off ebay to make a project out of but decided im keeping it stock i love it so much!!! it beats my 300 dollar fernandes guitar!!! I'm not sure if id get a discount for buying in bulk....they need one of them cards like the piercing store and the cd store Buy 10 get one free!!! lol Anyway enough of my ranting lol DEAN RULES and thats end of story lol If you ever get Near Toledo, OH let me know and ill let ya come play one of my deans lol if not just go to a dealer and pick one up THEY ROCK....BTW email elliott and tell him you think i should get free guitars B)

Rich :D

BTW

which model did you drool over in the sears catalog? lol

BTW let me say i am no way Paid to endorse dean guitars i speak these words outta true loyality and love for the brand...Now if we wanna get on "paid" endorsements try KRADL Picks and George L cables B):D:D:D

ya know rich i don't even remember what model it was i just remember it was a white strat-style guitar.at the time all i knew about guitars was i wanted one and couldn't afford it.funny story though,one time my cousin wanted a guitar for christmas and my grandparents got him a mickey mouse guitar out of the sears catalog.i mean an actual plastic disney made "guitar"with a picture of mickey mouse in his wizard outfit.it had plastic cords for strings which were all the same size so needless to say it was never made to be played,only played with by like 4 or 5 year old kids.i have never seen anything so horrible in my life.needless to say i knew better than to ask for one myself.

ya know rich i don't even remember what model it was i just remember it was a white strat-style guitar.at the time all i knew about guitars was i wanted one and couldn't afford it.

It had a Jackson shaped headstock, a fake Kahler bridge, EMG Select pickups and three mini-toggle switches didn't it?

They also sold a "Dean Hollywood Z" at Sears that I wanted really bad, 'cos it looked like one of Billy Gibbons' guitars (He was playing Dean "Z" bodies at the time)

Chances are it was either a 88,98, firecrackle, or custom paint series ...they can be had on ebay pretty cheap (150-300 or so) i actullly scored a firecrackle one for 40 bucks it had a BIN on it and i saw it right after it was listed lol ... I just picked up a neon pink dean body like that on ebay and thats what im putting the pups in B) Theres a dean for EVERYONE somewhere out there :D lol

yeah g you're right that's the one.and rich you mentioning the firecrackle brings back memories too cause i liked that one but the other one was cheaper so was more realistic for me to want.it's funny cause back then you couldn't get a decent guitar cheap but now you can get all kinds of nice ones for under $500.i guess korea is good for something.