Headstock shapes

But when fender is making like 3 or 400% profit on their guitars, then can turn their shoulder to a couple people who want to use their headstock.

I personally think Fender should be able to charge whatever the hell they want for their guitars. If you can't afford one, tough.

gotta agree with you...free market rules!

if they really were charging too much...then people would buy other brands...but since fender sells so many they must be charging the right amount

also...none of you could make a guitar and sell it for what they do without losing your shirt...the only exception being the custom shop models

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm boycotting fender. except my fender princeton chorus. at least that was reasonably priced. and alot of people aren't buying fenders because they're better. but because all the famous rockstars had strats. notice with all the little kids tele's aren't a favorite.. but why?? jimi hendrix didn't play on one all the time

teles are an aquired taste

And very rewarding when acquired they are too!

And by the way - I like the headstock, but now of the far right hand edge were a convex curve...

Let me explain something about how retail sales work, for those of you that obviously don't know. A company makes a product. Stores buy these products, jack up the prices, then resell them for more money. You have to figure that the actual manufacturer's cost on an item will be approximately one third of final retail price, maybe more. I have a Jackson SL-3 that I paid $380 for. This was Jackson's cost at the time (it may be different now). Dealer price ran about $600-650 (it varied greatly depending on dealer), with average street of around $900-1000.

Fender isn't making a 300% profit on guitars. Nobody is. Dealer cost is about 60% of what they sell for, and manufacturer's cost is about 60% of that. So on a $1200 street guitar, you're looking at about $700 for a dealer price. This means you'd have to produce a guitar, in the US, for about $175 in order to make a 300% profit. This simply is not feasible without resorting to mega crappy woods and components, and then overcharging the hell out of everyone.

A lot of people don't understand that intellectual property actually has value, and that the creative work people produce from nothing is how a lot of people make their living

the same people think that bands that get d/l-ed over the internet should not mind because of the extra exposure...nevermind that they need to make a living too

Yeah, my band has like 2 or 3 songs. Whenever we get a full album we're not gonna charge like $8 or whatever the newer songs sell. I hate it all the bands sell out and just want money. If we only charged what it cost to make the cd , like $3 or whatever more people would buy them.

Yeah, my band has like 2 or 3 songs. Whenever we get a full album we're not gonna charge like $8 or whatever the newer songs sell. I hate it all the bands sell out and just want money. If we only charged what it cost to make the cd , like $3 or whatever more people would buy them.

Dont you just love niave kids??

why dont you go one step better and post your songs for free on the net, because you aint going to have any money to be able to pay to get the CD's made in the first place. Oh, wait, you aint going to have enough money for internet access either...

Dont you just love niave kids??

I just hope I'm around to see it when the real world kicks him square in the balls and shows him what reality is.

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain. "

Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) English statesman, author

Uhhhh yeah, not every band is a sellout like Creed. I don't care about money, I'll have a regular job......Naive my butt, yeah I can't wait til a cheap starved bootlegged version of our song is on the internet. If people are too cheap to at least reimburse us, then screw them, I mean $3 is nothing

Uhhhh yeah, not every band is a sellout like Creed. I don't care about money, I'll have a regular job......Naive my butt, yeah I can't wait til a cheap starved bootlegged version of our song is on the internet. If people are too cheap to at least reimburse us, then screw them, I mean $3 is nothing

Don't worry frankie, were not picking on you. It won't be until you turn 19 or 20 before you realize you don't know everything, and that the real world sucks because the people in it all pretty much suck. I'm not being a pessimist, but given a chance, most of the people that are out there will screw anyone they don't know just to get one step ahead. That's called survival of the fittest, and it's an ingrained instinct. Darwin described it pretty well.

Youth is for being naive, enjoy it while you can. It your band gets signed, your CD will cost $18.99 at FYE just like every other one ther because the record company will make sure it does.

We're not getting signed. Yeah i know the world sucks dude, I get screwed over all the time (hehehe). but, alotta bands just "sign" themselves. they can record it and promote it, and since the music industry sucks, thats why we won't rip off the kids who wanna listen to some cool stuff. Hell, I'll have a regular job the band is just kinda a hobby.

We're not getting signed. Yeah i know the world sucks dude, I get screwed over all the time (hehehe). but, alotta bands just "sign" themselves. they can record it and promote it, and since the music industry sucks, thats why we won't rip off the kids who wanna listen to some cool stuff. Hell, I'll have a regular job the band is just kinda a hobby.

That's pretty honorable, frankie. There are several death metal bands in the Tampa area that do exactly what you are talking about. If that's your dream, go for it. Just be prepared to be sold out and exploited by every swinging dick in the indie industry that wants to make a fourtune at your expense, and leave you with your day job, a few leftover scraps, and your "musical integrity".

Good luck, and I'm not being in the least bit sarcastic with you, good luck.