ESP mkII replica

Hey man the only thing that I can see is the fretboard none of the other pic's work for me but based on what I can see and hear you know your stuff is this your first guitar ever or have you worked with them before?? that fretboard look's deadly :D

@mahelcaya = Thx for the feedback, the ibanez price are too steep for me too thats why im searching for a more affordable one, i would appreciate some more feedback when you receive it, thank you. !!!

@metalmatt = all my pics are on fullservesite.com, maybe they were having problem, but i can see them all right now.

Thanks to both for your great comment, and yes this is my first build and never done woodworking really before.

i have binded the headstock and put a quilted maple veneer on it and im doing staining experiment on scrap pieces, and im working on handplaning my body blank right now, ill try to post pics when further progress will be made.

see ya !!!

:D

Edited by swirlslave

No I think your pic's are working fine I think it's my Crapy ass slow computer That's given me the hard time, maybe you could send me some link's I would love to see the rest of your work man!! B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Man you've got the gift!! "realy" IS this is you first time building a guitar neck,

man you've gota build me one how much do you want!! B):D

Little update here,

heres the neck, with headstock binding and quilted maple veneer (believe me its there, even if you cant really see it in the pic, lol) :

mk2-19.JPG

and heres the african mahogany body starting to shape a bit, i left the up portion untouched to make the neck pocket routing easy and to have a good solid base for the router, hope to rout that before christmas :

mk2-20.JPG

i have ordered quilted maple veneer for the body yesterday, dont really know when it will come here since im in canada and bought from veneersupplies.com in the states.

thanks for watching and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you :D

hey, my wife has a digital cam now so this mean i got one too, guess whos gonna use it more, LOL. :D

heres an update, neck pocket is routed and sadly its 0.020 " too large, i dont really know why yet, i have used setch method = put fence on each side of aligned neck and clamp them, put a stopper for the end of the pocket and 2 layers of tape that i removed for the last finishing pass but........ :D

I think this is too much for just the clear coat to compensate for this, i would really need you guys advice for this, please :D

also dropped the neck 2 times on the floor (AAAAAARRRGHHHH !!!), THIS JUST PISS ME OFF, now the tip of the headstock is dented and white plastic binding has chipped, i manage to reglue it but i will now have a seam, thats sucks.

anyway, heres the body, horns are just rough sanded but the rest of the body is fairly fine sanded =

2005_0128guitarsurtable5.jpgheres some others =

extra1

Thanks for watching !!!

B)

Edited by swirlslave

Looken good man!! :D sorry to hear about the neck, maybe you should put it away untill you need to do some work on it if you keep bringing it out to show it off to every one you might keep on droping it!! :D HAHAHAHA B)

Hey man with the LED's how do you set them in the wood and make them stay put

I have never used LED's before but you made me want'ah try

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

hey matt, you should check out the led installation tutorialmade by daveq, hes the one who insoired me to do mine, its in the electronic tutorial section i think.

yeah, the neck dropped when i was aligning it for clamping the fence for making the neck pocket, i would have needed a third hand at that time, LOL.

Nice work !

Necks that fall ....yeah I know something about that !

I have been making so many mistakes lately ( stress, always rushing things ), anyway don't feel bad , I mesured 3 times a scale lenght on the body of a RG replica, routed all the Floyd rose cavity, and after a clean work, I reilaized that I am shot of 1 cm from the scale lenght ! Murphy is laughing !

Keep updating pics ;-)

Rob

• 5 weeks later...

hey people,

heres a little update, i had a nose operation in the first week of january to remove some crap in there and after a 2 week recovery i have put things back on track and went into overdrive,lol, :D

first of all, i have fixed the neck pocket issue, i have coated the wall of the pocket with epoxy and mahogany sawdust and rerouted the pocket with a jig ive made and now its tight as hell.

most of the cavities of the body have been routed and the hardware has been put on the neck.

heres some pics =

2005_0128guitarsurtable2.jpg

back

close-up back

close-up front

I got one major problem now, when ive put the neck screw to attach the neck the maple has checked inside i think and now the LED at the 17th fret doesnt work anymore B) , so now i got 2 choice , unglue the fretboard and risk destroying everything or leave it like that and have this flaw bug me for the rest of my days, lol.

theres still plenty to do but its getting there ....

tell me what you think !!!

thanks ..

Edited by swirlslave

• 1 year later...

well, after a looooong time not touching this project i have made some progress in the last few weeks and tought i would rebuild the photo a bit since they were on fullservesite but i dont have all of them anymore.

the neck is now fretted and im working on the back profile right now.

ill post some pics tonight when i have a chance.

see ya.

well, i couldnt resist it today and hammered in the floyd post in the body, and put back the hardware on the neck and after put some string on.

2006_0205Image0112.jpg

picture#2

picture#3

Even thought the fret dressing isnt done and the neck is not 100% totally set-up, i must say its definitely a ringer and seem to have lots of sustain.

This was a test to see if the project was worth going further, now i know its worth it, lol !!!