What are all the tools i need?

what you need to do is scroll all the way up, and click on the buttone thrid from the right called search, theres about a gijjilion topics on the tools needed and starting another TWO is not necesary, especially after the first one had a pretty good reply

heck i was nice enough to search for you

two page thread on the minimum required tools.

hey look its run from sticks. im sam from MI. anyways yeh, i was new too just search, itll save you many beatings and stuff. when you have a question like "where should i buy parts from" and stuff search for that too. all the basic newbie questions you should search for.

Someone would have to sit here for hours to think of all the tools they have that you couldn't do without. I don't know about anyone else, but I picked up tools here and there over many years. Sometimes I find tools ( I just found about 100 sharp drill bits, several new taps, die handle, solder "helping hands" about 5 days ago-- all out for the trash- men die and their wives sometimes despise them and throw their tools away). Anyway, the main thing I want to add is that I have had tools come along that I would have never thought to go look for, and some are tools that I feel I couldn't do without. Little odd files, handles, etc etc etc.

Listing them would be like dumping out a drawer of assorted small parts and describing each one.

Also, if you decided to go nuts and order a truckload of stuff you could very well find out later you could do perfectly well without this and that.

so, maybe one tool at a time, is how you finish the puzzle.

ok i made a list of the big power tools. will these be fine?

Delta ShopMaster 9" Bench Band Saw

Bosch 1/4 Sheet Palm Grip Finishing Sander

Skil 2-1/4 HP Router Combo Kit with Sightlight

Delta 10" ShopMaster Bench Drill Press

Black & Decker 4.0 Amps 3/8" Variable Speed / Reversing Drill with Keyed Chuck

i was actually surprised this didnt go over $500...will those be fine? If there's anything wrong with any of those, can you please tell me? Thanks.

i think it is but i cant tell, as long as that router is plunge, yeh those should suffice. all though if you can spare the cash, get a 10" bandsaw, if not 9 is fine. also, get a set of good router bits, i have a set of 30 bits for 100 bucks, its an aweosme kit. get a good set of drill bits too, dont forget the accessories my friend.

all though if you can spare the cash, get a 10" bandsaw, if not 9 is fine.  forget the accessories my friend.

i dont think i can spare the cash for a 10in :D my mom said she'll spend around 350 dollars for me and i have about 60 dollars to spend so its already over my budget...i'll wing it though. anyway would a 9in be hard to use for the project?

You're not even including guitar set-up tools, which you would surely need to get anything you make playable. I think proper set-up tools would take up more than your limited budget.

I think my Drill press is 14-15". I wouldn't want anything smaller, and I don't even build guitars, I just fix/tweak/mod them.

For your first guitar you might want to save your tool money and buy a kit that you can assemble and finish yourself with a minimum of household tools.

You could buy a Saga kit from Brian at universaljems.com (That happens to be the Brian who pops up in here from time to time. He also runs the site here a Project guitar.)

There is also USA Custom Guitars, Warmoth, or Carvin bodies and necks. Check out these sites for an alternative to buying tools that you may or may not use again.

It is the easiest way for your own custom guitar. I am suggesting this to you because of you limited budget. By the time you buy all your tools you'll have nothing left over for materials and hardware. Just a alternative suggestion. Ignore if you wish. :D

Universal Jems

USA Custom Guitars

Warmoth guitars

Carvin

My least expensive guitar was a body I bought from Ebay and a neck I bought years ago from Boogie Bodies. With all the electronics, hardware, finishing, and miscellaneous parts added up to just under $400.00.

The Saga kits a lot less. The high quality parts from USA and Warmoth are a lot more. And Carvin has a complete kit for under $300.00.