"This is an original design in that its not a direct copy of any existing guitar. It is a single-cut design that incorporates the features that I love about Les Pauls, but eliminates the things I don't care for.
My brand is "Addict" although I'm not actually a professional guitar builder. I call this model the "22 Special".
When I refer to things I don't care for, I mean a body shape that's too rounded for my taste, bridge, pickups, and strings too high above the body, the well known big heel and difficult upper fret access, heavily angled string pull over the nut producing tuning stability problems when doing a lot of bending, and of course cheap factory parts and plastic inlays.
This model has the following notable features:
- Neck-through-body construction
- 3-piece laminate neck
- Carbon fiber neck reinforcement
- 24 3/4" scale length (actual)
- 22 stainless steel frets
- Genuine South American mahogany ( Swietenia macrophylla ) body and neck
- Body and fretboard binding
- Bookmatched, figured maple top
- Ebony fretboard
- Unbleached bone nut
- Blue Paua abalone fretboard and truss rod cover inlays
- Rosewood cavity covers
- Tonepros Nashville bridge and tailpiece
- Schaller locking 3x3 tuning machines
- Seymour Duncan pickups (JB and Jazz)
- Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch (standard config)
- CTS pots, orange drop caps
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Weight 9.3 lbs