ADFinlayson, "The Eye Of Sauron"
"Here's my entry then, my 5th build that I completed recently for friend of a friend Luke. I've dubbed it The Eye of Sauron due to the beetle tract that appeared on the back after thicknessing. He's a big LOTR fan so seemed appropriate. Got some good use out of wood on this on; the khaya neck laminates came from offcuts of the mk2 and the top, the neck, inlays, binding and control cover all came out of one plank of maple, the rest of which I'm using on the flying V build, which is also going to be blue, sisters
Since he picked it up a few weeks ago, he hasn't wanted to play anything else which astonished me as he is the store manager of an instrument chain (PMT UK) and owns 14 other guitars.
Apologies for the amateur photography.
- 1 piece carved African mahogany body
- 2-piece flame maple cap with faux binding
- carved flamed maple control cover
- laminated flamed maple and African mahogany neck
- Ebony headstock with flamed maple inlay
- Ebony fretboard with flamed maple trapeze inlays and grain-matched truss rod cover
- Ebony and flamed maple binding
- 24 medium jumbo nickel-silver frets
- 43mm Graphtech tusq nut
- oiled blue burst finish
- Mini Grover Rotomatic 3x3 tuners
- Graphtech Resomax bridge with TUSQ saddles and Gotoh tailpiece
- Dimarzio Liquifire bass, SuperDistortion treble pickups
- Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch
- CTS push-pull volume with treble bleed
- CTS push-pull tone, both pickups can be coil-tapped individually
- Ebony lampshade control knobs.
And I went to watch it play it's first show last night, which was a big thing for me