This is my third working guitar, it’s definitely the best one so far. I would say it’s heavily based on a Jackson dinky with some inspiration from ESP.
This build had a lot of firsts for me:
- First time Maple walnut laminate neck
- First time binding and my own laminate binding at that
- First time doing inlays
- First time adding a top
- First time staining anything
Certainly a learning experience but very, very pleased with the results.
- Flamed maple top with limba body
- Flamed maple with walnut laminate neck
- Maple and walnut laminate bound ebony fretboard with abalone acrylic inlays
- 14” radius neck with jumbo frets
- Gotoh tuners
- Original Floyd Rose with some upgrades such as a brass trem claw (for looks not sound), fat brass block and turbo arm.
- Emg Het Set pickups
And a couple of video clips put together very rushed to show the dirty and clean sounds. Please pass no remarks on the playing! Or the weird faces I make when playing ...didn’t realise I did that till now