Afterimage Guitars - HM6 "Halcyon"
Built as an experiment to see how far I could get using as much low cost componentry and hardware store timber as possible, this instrument contains many of the same construction features as its more exotic bigger brothers, such as a carbon fibre reinforced neck and a comfortable, ergonomic body shape. Extensive use of chambering and a thinner body (38mm) has reduced the overall weight of the guitar down to a paltry 2.5kg. While this could possibly be classed as a "Lite" version of the HM series in more ways than one, the result is still a solid player capable of standing out in a crowd.
- Scale length - 25"
- Neck - 3 piece Tasmanian Oak with Jarrah pin stripes between the laminations, carbon fibre reinforcement
- Fretboard - Merbau
- Frets - Jumbo nickel silver
- Body - 3 piece Tasmanian Oak with figured Tasmanian Blackwood top.
- Headless hardware - Low-cost no name hardware in black
- Pickups - Iron Gear Hot Slag (bridge), Iron Gear Rolling Mill (neck)
- Electronics - 1x volume, 1x 3 way toggle switch.
- Finish - Danish oil