@verhoevenc, Raygun Experimental Labs'- Model 1 Forest
"This guitar has been a lot of fun, but one that 'rested' in the shop for awhile while I made some decisions on it... so it's been a long time coming. It's a real bling project in terms of woods from the east indian rosewood neck and radial purfling to the killer quilted spalt top I got years back from old member @thegarehanman as a gift."
- Wood: East Indian rosewood 2 piece
- Fretboard: Faux-bound ebony 24 3/4" scale 22 fret board with 'abstract forest' inlay by RQuinn (www.fletcherhandcraftedguitars.com)
- Headstock: EIRW headplate with spalted quilted maple wings and backstrapping
- Wood: Lightly figured Spanish cedar with a spalted quilted maple drop top featuring inset radial EIRW and b/w/b purfling
- Size: 14" width lower bout
Hardware and Electronics
- Hardware: Gotoh box tuners and Hipshot baby grand bridge. EIRW pickup rings
- Electronics: This is where this guitar really gets nuts. The Lollar Imperials run into a standard volume/tone/3-way configuration. However the volume push/pull coil taps the humbuckers while the tone push/pull activates a Scott Walker Guitars booster circuit. The chrome knob controls the boost's gain level. There is also a Scott Walker Guitars buffer circuit that drives a stereo jack effects loop. With the mini toggle in one direction the loop sound is allowed to return freely (as per a normal loop) and the arcade button acts as a global kill switch. With the mini toggle in the other direction the loop return is stopped until the arcade button is pressed. Essentially allowing the player to "tap in" the effects return signal.
Chris is the
evil benevolent mastermind behind RayGun Guitars; check them out at http://www.raygunengineering.com/
note: This guitar is currently available for purchase!