"Midnight Special - so named because between work and family, I could only work on it at midnight!
Long time member, only second guitar I've built from scratch, mostly modded/repaired guitars for friends and myself to this point. This was built in my garage over the last year using basic power tools, small band saw and bench top drill press and router table.
- Basswood body, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, markers made from maple scraps from neck
- Hand carved body bevels and neck
- Glued in neck, tenon under neck pickup, scarf joint with volute.
- 13 degree headstock angle with Planet Waves trimlok tuners
- 28 inch baritone scale, 24 jumbo frets
- Dual action truss rod w/heel adjust
- 1-11/16 string spacing at nut, Graph Tech nut
- DiMarzio D-Sonic neck and bridge pickups, f-spaced. Screwed directly to body.
- 3 way toggle, 500k tone, and 500k volume
- Top load bridge
- Dunlop Straplocks
- My own design, inspired by EBMM Petrucci model for elbow relief, very small body overall
- Lacquer finish
Thanks for looking!