Jump to content


Veteran Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


killemall8 last won the day on November 23

killemall8 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

391 Excellent

About killemall8

  • Rank
    GOTM Double Winner
  • Birthday 08/05/1989

Profile Information

  • Location
    Corrales, New Mexico

Recent Profile Visitors

5,301 profile views
  1. KEA 2017 builds

    Hope all is well with you. Ive been incredibly busy with my new job and other life stuff. Some good, some difficult. I usually only have a few hours of free time on my days off. But just thought i'd share the couple of things ive done on my days off the past couple months.
  2. Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

    The master has returned to us! I knew you would be back!
  3. Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

    Been a while since i checked this area out. I had forgotten about it, since my bookmark had been set to the in progress section. good to see we still have a lot of long timers here.
  4. Kemp Guitars UK Build Thread #2

    Ive always blown my table off with the air compressor anytime there are chips or sawdust on it to prevent it from getting dented or marred.
  5. KEA 2017 builds

    Good question! But scott was right, she doesnt want to use it as a cutting board after all, haha.
  6. KEA 2017 builds

    Well friends, The time has come. I start my new job on tuesday. I dont know what my hours are going to be yet. Its been a great journey. If i can, i will still work a little on guitars during the week. As a farewell, i made my mom this cutting board out of offcuts from necks i had made.
  7. KEA 2017 builds

    Been incredibly busy lately. Just got back from a week long trip to NY. Here are a few pics of recent progress. I also have been clearing out my stock. I have 10 laminated neck blanks if anybody is interested.
  8. 2016 Progress

    Great looking guitar. Its similar to what i would build.
  9. KEA 2017 builds

    The prices at the place i used to go to had been almost the same for nearly 11 years. As soon as they were bought out, it doubled. Quite a shame.
  10. KEA 2017 builds

    Thanks guys. My hope is to still build one day a week. I dont start this job until next month, so that leaves some time to finish up a bunch of projects. An interesting note, I went to go get some mahogany from my supplier. At the beginning of the year they got bought out by a big business. Their prices had went up a bit but was still managable. I went back today for the first time in about 7 months, and their prices have just about DOUBLED. I was blown away. One thing that really helped me with my building was living in a place where supplies were very manageable and cheap. Its really too bad.
  11. KEA 2017 builds

    Thanks Scott! This is a moment ive been expecting for a long time, but could never fully picture it. It will be interesting having an entirely new and different life. I know im going to miss this.
  12. KEA 2017 builds

    Thanks scott. Its going to be different, but worth it. On a side note, i still dont understand these clear coats. 2k clear is supposed to be the hardest, most durable out there. And every guitar i spray, even after a month, still gets swirl marks and scratches just by wiping it off or handling it.
  13. KEA 2017 builds

    Been working a lot on guitars and also been incredibly busy with a ton of other things. Some news though. After years of looking for the right job, i finally landed a new, full time job. That means a lot less time for guitars. Im sad that i wont be able to build as much. Here are a couple ive been working on.
  14. KEA 2017 builds

    Got the body made and the neck pocket routed on the 7. Loving this tamo ash. its really hard to bookmatch, since the grain is so erratic. I plan on doing an orange with red burst on this one.
  15. KEA 2017 builds

    Been working quite a bit on a lot of projects lately. Made a good run and got 3 necks finished up.