Hello everyone. I'm David.
I have an ESP LTD with EMG Pickups for about 6 years. Last week it started to get a "crunchy", somewhat distorted sound on the clean channel.
- I tested it plugging directly to the amp, and the sound was still distorted.
- Tried to plug in another amp in the clean channel, same result.
- Tried another guitar (BC Rich Mocking bird with BCRich Pickups), same cables, and the sound came out crystal clear out of their clean channels.
So it's obviously the guitar.
- Even when the volume knob is at 30% to 50%, the sound remains dirty and distorted.
- The sound seems less distorted when the neck pickup is up, and more distorted if the bridge pickup is selected.
- The pickups are not too close from the strings
What could it be? Something in the electric part of the guitar?