Jump to content

Entry for July 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'chambered'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Categories

  • Instrument Setup
  • Instrument Building
  • Electronics
  • Finishing/Refinishing
  • Inlay and Binding
  • Repair and Maintenance
  • Tools and Workshop Tips
  • Miscellaneous

Categories

  • Guitar Parts
  • Tools and Consumables
  • The Library

Categories

  • Guitar Anatomy Class
  • Workshop and Tools
  • The Tipshop
  • YouTube

Forums

  • Patreon-only Area
    • Season 1
  • ProjectGuitar.com Forum Guidelines and FAQ
    • Community Guidelines and FAQ
  • ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month
    • Current Guitar Of The Month Contest
    • Guitar Of The Month entry/poll archive
  • Build Area
    • In Progress and Finished Work
    • The Design Bar
    • Non-Guitar Build Section
  • Tech Area
    • Solidbody Guitar and Bass Chat
    • Acoustic and Hollowbody Guitar Chat
    • Inlays and Finishing Chat
    • Electronics Chat
    • CNC Chat
    • Tools and Shop Chat
  • General Topics
    • Site Feedback, Issue Reporting and Test area
    • Off Topics Chat
    • Players Corner
    • Put it to a vote
    • The Luthiery Business
    • The Marketplace
  • Forum Tutorials & Reference

Categories

  • Documents
  • Guitar Drawings
    • Component Drawings
    • Instrument Plans

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I’m trying my hand at designing and fabricating a chambered, solid body tenor ukulele. This is a prototype build to continue to develop my skills and to learn from my inevitable mistakes :) When I looked at the current set of commercially available solid bodies ukuleles from Godin, Pono, KoAloha, Imua, etc., I wasn’t able to find enough details to deduce how theIr chamberings are configured under the top. Searches of across the luthier discussion forums provide a fair amount of info and suggestions covering chambering/hollowing guitar bodies, but all examples I found were for instruments amplified with magnetic pickups vs. the piezoelectric(s) I’ll be using. Details: 17” scale — Poplar body (1.5” thick) with a 3/16” Indian rosewood top — Mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard (Body image: https://imgur.com/gallery/HPlIdS4) My current plan: 1. Bore a honeycomb pattern in the body with a forstner bit, keeping the center under the bridge are positioned. I’d start by removing around 30% of the body’s weight of material then and test to see if I need to remove more. 2. Include a larger cavity for my volume control wiring and (potentially) a small pre-amp. For those of you who have gone down a similar experimental path, did you discover a preferred arrangement for your chambers? Regarding amplification...I’ve used under-saddle piezo transducers in the past to good effect with my acoustic ukuleles, so unless there are more appropriate ways for a solid body, I’ll likely go down that path. Alternatively, I have a pre-wired triple disk piezo pickup (it looks a bit like a knock-off K&K Trinity Mini) Thank you in advance for the input!
  2. Hallo everybody, I've been following the project guitar forums for quite a while now as "silent reader" and decided to register a few weeks ago. In short, it is high time to introduce myself... how could this be done better as presenting my recent build? To my background: Sebastian, 31 years old, coming from germany, so please excuse my poor language (and do not hesitate to correct me...). I have started to build electric basses 2 years ago. As most of us, meanwhile I'm completely obsessed. This is my first guitar and it is dedicated to my son born this year. So it started with two peaces of mahagoni, properly jointed and glued together. The body shape (and the complete guitar) is a design by my own: Roughly cut out the body with a japanese saw and then routed along the template. As next I've planed the armrest with my beloved No.4, preparing for a dropped top: Then the electronics cavity has been routed and I slightly chambered the body to reduce weight (approx. 1.7 kg / 3.7lbs at this stage): Regards, Sebastian
×
×
  • Create New...