Jump to content

Entry for December 2019's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'guitar modifications'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Instrument Setup
  • Instrument Building
  • Electronics
  • Finishing/Refinishing
  • Inlay and Binding
  • Repair and Maintenance
  • Tools and Workshop Tips
  • Miscellaneous


  • Guitar Parts
  • Tools and Consumables
  • The Library


  • Guitar Anatomy Class
  • Workshop and Tools
  • The Tipshop
  • YouTube


  • Patreon-only Area
    • Season 1
  • ProjectGuitar.com Forum Guidelines and FAQ
    • Community Guidelines and FAQ
  • ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month
    • Current Guitar Of The Month Contest
    • Guitar Of The Month entry/poll archive
  • Build Area
    • In Progress and Finished Work
    • The Design Bar
  • Tech Area
    • Solidbody Guitar and Bass Chat
    • Acoustic and Hollowbody Guitar Chat
    • Inlays and Finishing Chat
    • Electronics Chat
    • CNC Chat
    • Tools and Shop Chat
  • General Topics
    • Site Feedback, Issue Reporting and Test area
    • Off Topics Chat
    • Players Corner
    • Put it to a vote
    • The Luthiery Business
    • Public Classifieds Buy-Sell-Trade Area
    • Auction and Website Supplies
  • Forum Tutorials & Reference


  • Documents
  • Guitar Drawings
    • Component Drawings
    • Instrument Plans

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Found 1 result

  1. In this "parts-caster" semi-hollow body, there are phase switching/series/parallel/pickup tapping switches. I might decide to change pickups once in a while. I also installed metal shielding that completely encloses all components, This is in no way a investment-grade guitar, so it was an easy decision to install a back access panel. I made a wooden template to guide using the thinnest Dremel saw to make the cuts (gorilla tape covered the exposed back). I epoxied aluminum strips (bent slightly to fit the curves) on all the opening edges and drilled six screw holes in the strips. I glued edge binding along the edge of the opening to fill in the small gap caused by the Dremel saw. I counter sunk screw head reliefs into the piece of the back which is now a removable access panel. With all the stuff in this guitar, I can't imagine not having the access panel Now I can also experiment without hours of work and have eliminated what seems like 98% of electrical interference.
  • Create New...