Entry for September 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'restoration'.
Found 3 results
I want to restore an old guitar - it was the first electric guitar I ever had, and I used to love playing it. I don't know much about it - here's what I think I know. It's an Encore guitar - I believe an E76S from 1992, and it needs some tender love and care. It's missing a saddle from the bridge - but I can't seem to find a replacement bridge - or set of saddles - anywhere. The saddles appear to be 9.9mm wide, and the bridge is a tremelo style bridge - 6 mounting screws to the body - the distance between the top and bottom screw is 48.96mm. I've already bought a set of saddles from ebay - only they were too wide for the bridge. Any ideas how I'm supposed to measure a bridge to find a suitable replacement, or where I might get a replacement from? Thanks
Hi, my father gave me a bass guitar years ago. I basically have used it as art to just hang on my wall. He has always been a massive beatles fan and his birthday is coming up. The bass needs a little work. im not too worried about refinishing or restoring how it looks. i just want it to work. the input jack, volume pot, and nut are all gone. I would like to try to keep the original pickups in the guitar, but would like to redo all the other electronics while i am fixing the volume and input. What i need help with is what kind of nut, volume tone pots, and switches to use. I also need help with how to wire it all up. Also, if its not too hard to find i would like to look at getting a new bridge and pickups down the road. Do you guys know where i could find info on any of this stuff. Thanks for all the help! I am going to attach pictures of the guitar to try and help show what i need help with.
Hey guys. I haven't done a build thread before, but decided to start one in any case. I've been working on the cheap family classical guitar that we brought from South Africa (nothing special). Unknown brand "Angelica". I haven't done any sanding/gluing or any other type of DIY work before really, hence why I decided to start on this. I'm still busy with it, but thought I'd share some photos of the transformation. Before photos - lots of dings and scratches, headstock was cracked that I roughly fixed before: Will upload some more soon