What do you think?

I'm working on a Les Paul project and have a mahogany body that I'm adding a flamed maple veneer top to.

Since I'm a visual person, I have trouble "seeing" the end result and I'd like your opinions on something.

Do you think it would look good to have a maple neck with rosewood fretboard and just stain or paint the neck, or would it be better to have the entire guitar made from mahogany.

Thanks for your opinions.

Steve

It would look fine with the maple top as well. (my opnion, not fact)

you wouldnt need to stain it, but you can do as you like.

Im sure that combo has been used before, and if you look around for a while you may be able to find some pictures.

are you doing set neck, or neck thru? out of courisoty

actually there are TONS of thoughts on that issue, and I dont quite feel like hearing all of the thoughts again (not trying to sound like an A-hole)

if you search im sure you would find a gerth of info about. If you like i can link you to some, im compleatly without anything to do at the moment :D

Do you think it would look good to have a maple neck with rosewood fretboard and just stain or paint the neck, or would it be better to have the entire guitar made from mahogany.

That's 4 different types of visible wood on one guitar. A bit much if you ask me.

I think the more important question is what type of neck/fretboard do you like?! Are you going for a particular sound? If you like maple, then go maple. Once the woods are hammered down, then you can work on the visual aspect of it.

Ebony Dye can be used to darken a fretboard, you can finish the maple neck darker...even burst it into the body finish.

Since you're only adding maple as a veneer, it won't have an audible impact to the sound (as a 1/4" cap would), so you essentially have a solid mahog. guitar. Not a bad thing in the least - but something to consider when choosing woods to compliment it.