Unleashing the Mod from Hell

A quick note on pics. There is a default limit of 10 pics per post. The limitations exclude the tutorial section and the inprogress section. Pics can be no larger than 600 pixels wide. Use discretion on what is pertenent to your thread. The only other places pics are neccessary is places where one pic per post will suffice. Go ahead and go hog wild in the in progress section, but only with pics pertaining to the thread.

Yeah, thanks for repeating that Litch, but your not answering the question. WHY??

Please give us an explanation why this rule was added, because it surely aint to help people on dialup.... the broadband poll has proven that.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's for clafiying(sp?) that Litch.

refuse to believe that any changes are being made simply to irritate the older members, or that there is some sinister cabal at work to ruin the forum in the interest of advancing some nefarious, unstated agenda, but without a little clarification, I've got to wonder what the hell is going on.

That would make no sense if it were true.

I also have trouble believing that if changes are made, it will result in a mass exodus of all the experienced people here to another venue. The idea of creating a new "If we're not going to play by my rules, I'm leaving, and taking my football with me" forum seems a truly unworthy way to repay Brian for giving you a place to get together in the first place, but people are going to do what they do regardless.

Not necessarily the experienced, but the 'older' members, and if that's what they want to do, bye. B)

As far as I know, I'm staying. :D

My two beefs (or is it beef?):

1. I liked the rant section. No point in having it just sitting there! Open it up again if it's gonna be there sitting around anyway.

2. I don't like the way Kevan handled the Camcool situation. I didn't mind that Kevan wanted to protect camcool from harassment, and I was perfectly happy to let Camcool waste his money, but I was reprimanding him for being a jackass, not for having too high ambitions. I don't see why that's such a bad thing, and yet I was cracked down upon for it.

I also have trouble believing that if changes are made, it will result in a mass exodus of all the experienced people here to another venue. The idea of creating a new "If we're not going to play by my rules, I'm leaving, and taking my football with me" forum seems a truly unworthy way to repay Brian for giving you a place to get together in the first place, but people are going to do what they do regardless.

Not necessarily the experienced, but the 'older' members, and if that's what they want to do, bye.

As far as I know, I'm staying.

Oh really Matt?

Weren't you the one who left for, what, 6 months, while we were all still here?

Wasn't it, in fact, YOU who actually DID leave?

Seems kinda (actually very) hypocritical to me, beings as you just showed up again at the front door, couldn't even remember your username anymore and all while we were all still here the whole time, and now you're giving us all the big kissoff like that. B)

Would you mind spindoctoring yourself out of that one for me?

:DB):D:D:D

Not necessarily the experienced, but the 'older' members, and if that's what they want to do, bye.

As far as I know, I'm staying.

Oh really Matt?

Weren't you the one who left for, what, 6 months, while we were all still here?

Wasn't it, in fact, YOU who actually DID leave?

Seems kinda (actually very) hypocritical to me, beings as you just showed up again at the front door, couldn't even remember your username anymore and all while we were all still here the whole time, and now you're giving us all the big kissoff like that. B)

Would you mind spindoctoring yourself out of that one for me?

:DB):D:D:D

You have a problem with that or something? I dissappeared twice, for only a few months at a time, and it's not like I HAVE TO BE HERE. You make it sound like a crime that I left and came back, and it's not like I left because of these changes that are taking place. You just made a big deal out of nothing. What's up with you? B)

2. I don't like the way Kevan handled the Camcool situation.

Is this the guy (camcool) that copped a two week suspesion for being enterprising, and getting people excited about using acrylic for inlay materials, while at the same time trying to make a few bucks to help his own projects along???

If so, id like an explanation why its not ok for members to do that, but staff can. Ive caught at least one "staffer" out on simple cut and paste selling, with a few hundred percent markups added on for good measure.

Do as we say, not as we do perhaps??

Ironic that Kevan also spends the majority of his time here ramping his own product, and was a virtual ghost until he was given full admin capabilities.

You have a problem with that or something? I dissappeared twice, for only a few months at a time, and it's not like I HAVE TO BE HERE. You make it sound like a crime that I left and came back, and it's not like I left because of these changes that are taking place. You just made a big deal out of nothing. What's up with you? huh.gif

Read your own post again, maybe it'll hit you. :D

A quick note on pics. There is a default limit of 10 pics per post. The limitations exclude the tutorial section and the inprogress section. Pics can be no larger than 600 pixels wide. Use discretion on what is pertenent to your thread. The only other places pics are neccessary is places where one pic per post will suffice. Go ahead and go hog wild in the in progress section, but only with pics pertaining to the thread.

Yeah, thanks for repeating that Litch, but your not answering the question. WHY??

Please give us an explanation why this rule was added, because it surely aint to help people on dialup.... the broadband poll has proven that.

Take a look at the two Carriburst topics. Those are great examples of why the rule has changed.

2. I don't like the way Kevan handled the Camcool situation.

Is this the guy (camcool) that copped a two week suspesion for being enterprising, and getting people excited about using acrylic for inlay materials, while at the same time trying to make a few bucks to help his own projects along???

If so, id like an explanation why its not ok for members to do that, but staff can. Ive caught at least one "staffer" out on simple cut and paste selling, with a few hundred percent markups added on for good measure.

Do as we say, not as we do perhaps??

Camcool was in trouble way before he offered a product he didn't have at the time of his postings. Not to worry though- Camcool's suspension will be over soon and when he comes back, you can order thru him.

Ironic that Kevan also spends the majority of his time here ramping his own product, and was a virtual ghost until he was given full admin capabilities.

Just because you didn't see Kevan post doesn't mean he wasn't here as a Moderator. Now he has more time, and has been more visible......well, until lately.

I concur.  I thought that selling was limited to classifieds.

I haven't seen any selling on Kevan's part outside of the Classifieds. I have, however, seen him keep the entire forum updated as to the progress of the Tremol-No. I've also seen LGM keep us updated as to his new line of guitars.

I think this thread has run it's course. If someone feels otherwise, let me know and I'll re-open it.

Enjoy the forum everyone.