bandsaw or jigsaw?????

maxxslipknot

What do you all think is the best/most reliable brand?

My dad and I discussed this one night, and we decided that the best jigsaw we have ever used was a pritty old porter cable that we have had for about 6 years.

Any thing from sears is pritty nice, because if it dosnt work for you you can just return it, no questions asked.

And with the jigsaw you will need to get some really durable blades. I tried to cut a 2'' peice of pine with my jigsaw to see if it would work, and the blade nearly broke.

sears

????? Is that a shop?????

porter cable

I think they are a major specialty tool over here..They're not in any normal hardware store...the one shop I can find sells the porter cable router for $600...I'd hate to think what the jigsaw is like...

What about Makita or DeWalt? The guy at the shop reckons that each brand has some dodgy lines, even those two...anyone had any experience??

What about Makita or DeWalt? The guy at the shop reckons that each brand has some dodgy lines, even those two...anyone had any experience??

I have a Makita cordless drill, and a Dewalt combo base router, both my nicest quality tools.

What about Makita or DeWalt?

Didn't I just cover this? I build high end art-furniture and routinely cut 2 1/2in mahog and walnut for natural edge tables....(sometimes I have to trim edges so I can avoid back-cut edges)......I have a DeWalt saw that was about $175 and I can honestly say that I would not hesitate to cut out a guitar body with it......assuming that high quality blades were used.

Lex Luthier....Are you using dryer vent for dust collection hose?

Lex Luthier....Are you using dryer vent for dust collection hose?

Yeah, is it not the best material? It's a coiled hose, so I don't know how air tight it is, but it does suck...in a good way. :D I wanted a metal hosing because all I needed to do to ground it was connect a small piece of wire under the hose clamp between each hose section.

Lex...I guess the metal tube does give you a great ground!!!!!!!. I have all that 4in blue flex hose on my dust collection system and it develops its fair share of cracks and holes..........The answer to this problem is......DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!....it doesn't suck!

Have a good one.....

Greg