Taking it to pieces help

hi, hope you can help. im a noob to this board, so if i've posted this in the wrong area etc. i'll expect lots of abusive/hitmen coming my way

anyway...im wanting to drastically change my guitar. it would be easier if i could remove the bolt on neck. i have an epiphone lp100. can i just unscrew it and thats it? i know it has a tross rod...my question is about that? what do i do with that? just unscrew that as well and then screw it back in when im done??

also, on the face of my guitar, where the 2 tuning bridge parts are put into the guitar, i have 4 metal pieces stuck into my guitar (to allow screwing of the pieces into the guitar)...hopefully you'll know what i mean, its how every gibson base is attached. anyway.....cant get these off, and sanding down will be much easier if i can. can i? or are they glued

thanks for your time,

baz

hi and welcome... before you decide to start taking this guitar apart, read a little more on the forums. And do a lot of searches. to answer some of your questions.

anyway...im wanting to drastically change my guitar. it would be easier if i could remove the bolt on neck. i have an epiphone lp100. can i just unscrew it and thats it?

once you remove the strings, you can unbolt the neck, just take the screws out and lift up the neck, don't pull it.

i know it has a tross rod...my question is about that? what do i do with that? just unscrew that as well and then screw it back in when im done??

Leave it alone, if you done have much experience with this you can really mess up the neck.

also, on the face of my guitar, where the 2 tuning bridge parts are put into the guitar, i have 4 metal pieces stuck into my guitar (to allow screwing of the pieces into the guitar)...hopefully you'll know what i mean, its how every gibson base is attached. anyway.....cant get these off, and sanding down will be much easier if i can. can i? or are they glued

This is th eTOM (tune-o-matic) bridge, and yes you can remove them, Follow the instructions here and then go to the main site and read all the tutorial before starting, after that check on the tutorial area on the forum and read all the tutorial on painting and guitar building... after you've done this, then start to work on yours... I did it this way! It's fairly easy but there are steps that need to be followed and most tutorials give you step by step information.

hey thanks for the advice. i've got a lot or reading to do! the parts for the tune o matic bridge did come off when i got a knife under them.

as with the truss rod: i took off the strings, and now if i unscrew it on the back does the neck just come away? im worried about the tross rod, it seems important in the setup of the guitar.