Floyd Rose II

If that's a Floyd 2, either it has had a saddle replacement, or mine has. My Floyd 2 has saddle assemblies that hold the ball end of the string, leaving you with no need to cut ball ends, but not superb tuning stability. But that's really all I can say.

Guest AlexVDL
Found this on VK's floyd page.

floydII.jpg

Pic from auction:

tremolo3.jpg

So...err, um ***?

The schaller floyds have the round knife edge inserts and a thick cast baseplate, the 80's floyd rose II have two narrow straight inserts, and also a thick cast baseplate.

The black one in the auction has no knife edge inserts... is has the same construction as the floyd original, actually it an exact replica.

I've seen several of them, and they are indeed marked as an floyd rose II.

So who can solve this mistery? :D

I have a Floyd II on my old Kramer, and it looks like the one in the auction...

Like a "normal" Floyd.

As for the auction, I find it interesting that he claims that the trem has never been installed, yet it looks like the fine tuners have their black finish completely worn off....

How would that happen if it's been sitting in a box for 20 years...?

:D

RAI6, you wrote

As for the auction, I find it interesting that he claims that the trem has never been installed, yet it looks like the fine tuners have their black finish completely worn off....

How would that happen if it's been sitting in a box for 20 years...?

To me they look rusty (and the intonation fixing screws as well)!? Might have been laying in his garage for 20 years.... :D