P90-to-Humbucker Drop-In?

If you mean you have a P-90 space, then Dimarzio makes humbuckers housed in the P-90 housing. They are named "DLX" or "DLX Plus" etc. The DLX Plus sounds a lot like a Steve's Special so I've heard. If you have a humbucker space, then Gibson, Seymour Duncan, Rio Grande, and others make P-90's in humbucker housings.

abit off topic but, P-90's rule! How come you want to change it to a humbucker? Too much noise?

I loves the P-90s, but hate the noise.

I wonder how much I'd get for the Seymour Duncan P-90s (not Duncan Designed) in my Godin? I'd rather have the P-100's, as I do a lot of recording in front of a CRT monitor.

Greg

Gibson sells their mini humbickers that they also put in their Les Paul Deluxe series. I think these are also the humbuckers that are found in the Firebird series guitars.

Also check here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

And http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

For some Seymour Duncans that would work as well.

I hope this is helpful.

Pickups are different shapes and sizes. When we say "drop one in" we just mean to swap one out for a new one. That involves de-soldering the wires, taking out the pickup, putting a new one in, and re-soldering.

In this case, because P-90s and Humbuckers are different sizes, he wants to know if there's an option to just "drop a replacement in" without having to modify the guitar's body (ie. hacking it up) in order to put new pickups into the guitar.

Greg

I know a lot of LP's with P90's were routed out for HB's...I don't think I've seen a HB in a P90 size that would drop in...unless it's the mini HB as was mentioned.

I loved my Duncan P90 LP, but sold it to get a Duncan HB LP...that's how I did my swap....but I have no problem using my RotoZip to drop HB's and CC's in my Tele's. :D