Your Fav Bassist??????

jeremywills

Whos some of your fav Bassists?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, guys, someone posted a poll whos your favorite guitarist, I had to post whos your favorite Bassist, now I listed my personal Favorites, actually theres many more but I thought Id list the highlight ones, Jaco's Solos just really get my attention everytime I hear them, I kinda think he stole the show quite often with some of his work hehehe, as for speaking about stealing the show as a Bassist, Geddy Lees the front man of Rush as we all know, it must be cool to be the front man and be the bassist instead, really cool for me, I really really love Tommy Shannon, Im a big SRV fan but Tommy is just great, it must be rough to fill the shoes of a Bass player when your playing along with a great guitarist and not the front liner, wich basically most of these guys I listed are in the company of great guitarists, im sure my whos your favorite guitarist poll if i posted one would comprise of SRV, Jimmy Page, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani, seeing Stu and Roscoe up there in that G3 DVD was like BONUS, a 2 for 1 in the same show, :D made me happy, and lets not forget theres other great bassists and guitarist, please pencil in your favorites that I might have not mentioned, trust me the list could go on as I could list many more bassists but these are my top favorites. I would have to say those guys listed really get the groove on, ok im being silly now, btw I voted Tommy Shannon because I felt hes one of the forgotten guys that always gots stuck behind the lime light of the front runner, anyways thats me, I usually run across someone whos like yea yea that guy kicks ass when I mention SRV but then Im like ok now whats the bass players name or the drummer for that matter and its usually like ummmm ummmmmm I dunno, I hate that ****, or Im like whos Jaco Pastorius and again, ummmmmmm who????????? anyways vote away for your favorites

Jeremy

It has to be John Alec Entwistle. In my view, the guy practically invented melodic rock bass playing, developed innovative styles and that's without his pioneering use of roundwound bass strings - when everything was either ground or flatwound and went thunk. He made the instrument one worth studying, fun to play and not just the recourse for 'failed' guitar players to spend the rest of their lives playing root and fifths...

Have a look at his solo on the Who Albert Hall DVD. tapping, a different version of 'slap', and awesome tone.

You may have guessed I'm a major fan!

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...