Your Fav Bassist??????

jeremywills

Whos some of your fav Bassists?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd vote for flea, but only because i like the chili peppers do damn much! (Oh, and because he's a great bassist)

i don't know how you can forget Flea. I read that he only learned to play the regular 6 string guitar when recording the one hot minute album. he spent much of his career just playing bass guitar, never bothering with regular guitar. Sounds crazy eh? I thought that knowing how to play bass went hand in hand with playing guitar. (Similar instruments.) Anyway, I absolutely love some of the basslines that he's come up with. The aeroplane bassline is brilliant.

• 1 year later...

Cliff Burton
Steve Harris
Eric Langlois
Les Claypool
Alex Webster - hes an amazing bassist, alot of people underestimate him because he plays in Cannibal Corpse.. but man is he good!
John Myung
Matt Freeman
Geddy Lee

im sure im forgetting a few

P-Nut from 311 was the reason i started to play bass all those years ago. he is truly an inspiration to my style of playing, and it seems as though our playing styles adapt together and are always in line. whenever i learn a new groove or start to feel lines differently, they come out with a new album and his style matches that. if i hear something new by them, i find that that's just what i'm looking for to take my bass playing that one step further.

off of that list, i'd have to go for jaco. he's just incredible and really defined new ways to use his instrument. also, Will Lee from the Tonight Show Band is a really awesome ****/jazz player who i can't bother to leave out.

hopefully, my name will be on the lists of those players as well...

oh yeah! Keannu Reaves!

k, just kidding. sorry to scare you guys...

• 4 years later...

Huh, this thread is 5 yrs old, oh well, I see nobody mentioned Jack Bruce. And its kind of ironic that Entwistle was mentioned here before his untimely death but his music is still around and rates up there in my book. One of the best things I've heard about 'thunderfingers" is (was) that in private life he was one of the quietest people you'd ever meet, but one of the loudest on stage.

Oh yeah, another late great bass player was Gary Thain (again RIP) from Uriah Heep in the 70's.

Edited by Southpa

[quote name='Southpa' post='427243' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:44 PM']Huh, this thread is 5 yrs old, oh well, I see nobody mentioned Jack Bruce. And its kind of ironic that Entwistle was mentioned here before his untimely death but his music is still around and rates up there in my book. One of the best things I've heard about 'thunderfingers" is (was) that in private life he was one of the quietest people you'd ever meet, but one of the loudest on stage.

Oh yeah, another late great bass player was Gary Thain (again RIP) from Uriah Heep in the 70's.[/quote]

I met John Entwistle many, many years ago at a Sydney Music Show, he was one of the coolest dudes I have ever met, a great memory.

[quote name='Narcissism' post='427442' date='Jun 17 2009, 05:38 PM']My favorites have always been
Cliff Burton (Early Metallica)
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Vortex (Dimmu Borgir)
Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath)

Out of all the music I listen to, these bassists have had the most effect on my playing style, and I enjoy listening to them the most![/quote]

Cliff Burton was freaking awesome when he was alive...Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth is my fav song with his wonderful talent...

Edited by DrkIncGuitars