Quad Rail

The Hurt

I recently won a nice assortment of PUs from ebay. One of the PUs is a Quad Rail I did an internet search and found nothing, I searched here and found nothing. Does anyone know anything about these pick-ups? Also it only registers 6.7ohms I think it should be a little higher, am I wrong? If not, what can I do to get the most from that PU?

I've been researching them myself recently as i'm thinking about buying a Kramer Striker FR-422S. (http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=509) This guitar comes with Quad Rail pickups. I'm not 100% on how they work exactly on this guitar. Something to do with pulling a knob in and out to change between 4 coils and 2 coils (or something). Anyway i didnt have much luck researching Quad rails. But i have played them on this guitar and they sounded pretty nice to me. Definately designed with distortion in mind, not so much for blues etc. I suggest you research this guitar a bit, and you mite find a little here and there about Quad Rails. Hope that helped...