do you like telecasters

madcow

do you like the way telecasters look?  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them myself. One of the two only single coil guitars i'll play.

What's the other one?

I've tele, strat and an LP with P90s that REALLY sing!

I was gonna go with the tele what, but I can't deny it with my age... B) I heard of them but I don't like them.

Im working on some tele-freaks right now.... but i cant post pics... might break a rule....

You can post a LINK :D . taking stuff toooo seriously I seeee.

Edited by Maiden69

I like them myself. One of the two only single coil guitars i'll play.

What's the other one?

I've tele, strat and an LP with P90s that REALLY sing!

Strat , I wouldnt mind trying P-90's though they intrigue me. Ive played a jaguar before , wasnt really my cup of tea. Id like to try a jazzmaster too. I need to experiment with single coils more instead of just using the same old humbuckers.

As a teen who hangs out with hair metal fanatics, I can't really admit to liking the look and sound of telecasters in public, but here I gotta say I LOVE the twang of them. They can tend towards boring in solid colors, but if I played guitar, I would have no choice but to buy one of Drak's flametop beauties.

well for me it is all about the TWANG of the tele. :D

i dont have a problem with the pickup selector...

the positions of the pots are ok, they'r not too hard to modify while playing,,,

but for me the strat feels more comfortable than the tele.(but that doesent mean that i don't like that shape)

if it turns to my kind of music the tele doesent fit me.

i still love that smooth sound of strat, comfort of the body, and it just has infinite tones specially with the new S-1.

conclution: i like the tele but i love the strat! B)

Edited by tanglewood15dlx

The usual answer from the Tele lovers crowd is that that are asscheeks-ugly, but tonal heaven.

So if you never played a guitar in your life, and you had no idea what different guitars sounded like, and there were 20 guitars of all makes hanging there...chances are you wouldn't pick the Tele.

Dig? :D

The usual answer from the Tele lovers crowd is that that are asscheeks-ugly, but tonal heaven.

I like several boutique guitars that are based off the tele shape more than I like the original tele itself but the tone alters my perception.

I thought they were ugly until I played a few. Now I love the way they look.

I'm hoping to finish my tele-ish body soon but the new job has consumed alot of my free time.

It's based off of the best playing guitar I have ever layed my hands on. A Don Grosh tele design. :D

Round out the lower body slightly, make both 'horns' a little slimmer and then add a deep PRS style carve, a figured, dyed top and you have one of my favorite all-time guitar body shapes. (hehe, I think I just described a Les Paul but check out the Grosh site to see what I really mean).

• 1 month later...

I love telecasters. The shape is so classic and iconic... I think Springsteen and Chrissy Hynde play Teles as much for the visual connection with the roots of rock & roll as the sound. Gotta love that tele twang. I love the look of the slab body, even though it isn't that comfortable to play sitting down.

I actually like the shape of the tele headstock better than the strat. I've got a soloist body (Warmoth flame maple drop top) that I'm going to modify to take a tele neck (Warmoth again, ebony fingerboard).

"Form follows function"

I love Telecaster design. Even if you've never heard the Tele sound before, you can guess that guitar going to twang! Because of its huge metal hardware I guess. So the Tele design suits the Tele function perfectly.

And I really like its overall design, its fat horns, pickguard shape, control plate and simple electronics. And I really love its headstock too.

I like Tele better than Strat.. that may just because of Strats were copied too much in the past (Soloists, Superstrats, etc..). But Tele is still unique. And very classy.

• 1 month later...

i like em. its been a recent thing for me, but i totally want to get a tele with a humbucker in the bridge. i think fender has one model that i really like, but i cant remember the model name. i used to hate all single cutaways, but now i LOVE em. not sure why, but the tele is cool looking. and its the only fender id ever play.. i hate fender with a passion, but i love teles..

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked the sound of them even though it's not the sound I prefer to play. What I mean is that I like listening to them but I don't know if my hands would feel at home playing one.

Now, the headstock:

This is something that has really bothered me for a long time. I don't know how to say this in a politcally correct way so here it goes: it's the ugliest headstock ever conceived (in my opinion). What were they thinking? It just looks like someone was up until 4am working on the body and just said - "here's a squiggly meaningless line for the headstock - I don't care anymore - I'm off to bed".

Now, having ranted - I think Drak's Tele's are as beautiful as a guitar can be. Most of his pics don't include the headstock and that's just fine with me :DB) ! (not that he couldn't make them look good too).

Edited by daveq