2+ octave idea

i was thinking for a while now that i would like a 24+ fret guitar (beside my anihilator) which would have 2 humbuckers but the only problem with this is that the neck would fall in the neck posit. thats bad for me because i like neck humbuckers, havent had a chance to play any stacked buckers yet though

so heres my idea, baritone scale tuned to E or D maybe a 26 1/2 or 27 3/4 scale and have the neck joint just like a normal guitar but obviously with a longer neck, i dont know if that would work but hey its kinda out of the box like most of my thoughts eh?

Lengthening the scale is still sort of like moving the neck pickup back. Although the distance from the saddles would be the same, if you look at it as a percentage of the total distance of the string it's less. I have always thought it would be neat to do a really thin fretboard extension and have it go over the neck pickup. I can't seem to figure out how to make it work though. No matter how thin it is, the pickup would be pretty low. You could use a higher output neck pickup, or one with a strong magnet pull (not a dimarzio "air" humbucker for example) but I think it's sort of a silly idea anyway. :D