Chrome paint?

GuitarMaestro

Hi!

I kow there already was quite a number of posts concerning chrome paints and finishes. As I am in the process of building a chrome Rhoads V, In wonder if someone here has actually worked with chrome paint. That alsa-corp stuff sounds good, but I was not able to come up with much else and I know nobody who ever used it. As it is damn expensive I don't want to order it and be the first to realize it sucks....lol

Has anyone here done a chrome finish that came out great who can tell me what he used?

Thanks,

MK!

maestro I know how you feel, but by looking at the gallery that they have (ALSA) I could asure that it won't suck, the only drawback is like you stated the price. I want to get some of their products but were I am I have no access to spray guns or a nice booth to paint, so I will wait until then.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Edited by Maiden69

Take a look at the August ('04) issue of Hot Bike magazine for the layout on Leno's MirraChrome OCC bike - that'll show you how good it can look. I'd personally be more worried about the learning curve vs. my painting skills than the quality of the product, especially since it is so expensive. It's not easy to win a SEMA award, so I have to assume the product performs as advertised, but I'm not sure my limited skill set would do it justice. :D