For all those thinking of DIY

Damo

I know this book has been mentioned before, but I would like to recommend to all those who are thinking of building their own guitar that they go and get a copy of the book 'Make Your Own Guitar' By Melvin Hiscock.

It literally runs through EVERYTHING you need to do, with some great pictures and all written in a very easy to understand format!

I got my copy a few months ago, at a point where I was pretty much at a standstill with my build, this book talked me through it all!!

GO AND BUY IT!!

Regards

Damo

I've not seen this book Damo, but I bought a great book by Tom Hirst called Electric Guitar Construction. It also walks you through the whole process, step by step. It has lots of pictures and helpful tips on shop jigs, tools, safety etc.. too.

I got mine at www.a1books.com. They sell for about $28.00 including shipping. Stewart-Mac has the same book, but they want about $40.00 plus shipping for it. :D

Denis Waring's book mas my first and is great for building a solidbody electric. He also goes through building a neck through bass. Great color pics throughout. Martin Koch's book, whill a little unorganized is great. He shows several ways to do almost every aspect of a build. Good for those with limited tools. He also touches on semi-hollows as well. Robert Benedetto's bood is also great. Super quality pictures. I will say that out of all of the books I have seen (I have the three I have mentioned) I like Melvin's book the least. Not sure why, I just never really liked it. I work at a Barnes and Noble so I can safetly say that I have seen just about all the build books out there at one time or another. Still a good book, but my favorites are the three I have listed. Good luck with it, I know several others love it. :D

I know this book has been mentioned before, but I would like to recommend to all those who are thinking of building their own guitar that they go and get a copy of the book 'Make Your Own Guitar' By Melvin Hiscock.

Book em' Damo. :D

Yeah, around here, Hiscock's book is often refered to as "RTFM". It's consistently one of the best places to start as it often answers the basic questions that new guitar builders ask.