Jump to content

Using a "fader" instead of 3-position switch?

Dugz Ink

Recommended Posts

I am laying out the switches for my first project, and there is one thing that I would like to do: instead of havine a 3-position switch the selects between neck / neck+bridge / bridge pickups, I would like to have a rotary switch that goes from just the neck pickup to just the bridge pickup, with varying degrees of mix in between.

Do guitar-parts companies sell switches for this purpose?

If so, what nomenclature is used for this type of rotary switch?

If not, is this a bad idea?

Yes, I'm stupid. But I'm really good with wood.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's exactly what I needed to know.

I read about a "blend pot" in the tutorials, but it looked like it was wired after the selector switch... and I was wondering if it could be used instead. That Stew-Mac link helped to answer several questions.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...