glueing on a maple top hyde or reg.?

i am figuring the answer will be hyde glue but im just checking to see if reg would be better or not.

well i dont know about the dry hyde glue but the liquid form from "franklin", the same compay that makes titebond is fairly inexpensive. its only about 1$ more than titebondII . thats if you buy it from lowes. stew mac marks up the price about three dollars more! the only downfall ive found with it so far is that if its below 60deg the stuff gets really thick so it needs to be warmer for it to flow really nice. :D

I'd steer away from both the liquid hide glue, and titebond II. They are both prone to creep, and this can be particularly troublesome for gluing neck scarf joints and other joints under constant load. When Franklin altered their original formula titebond to improve it's water resisitance, they negatively affected it's abiltiy to set really hard, and a number of guitar builders have reported trouble with it never really setting at all in the center of joints. The same is true of their liquid hide glue, which I have been repeatedly advised to avoid like the plague. They added urea to impeed it's drying time, so it wouldn't set in the bottle, and this means it never sets really hard, and again, a number of very expereinced luthiers have had trouble with failed glue joints when they have used it.

Titebond Original is the easiest and most reliable all rounder, and unless you plan to use your guitar as a paddle you don't need the water resistance of titebond II. Real hot hide glue is allegedly the best luthiery glue there is, but it requires practice to master, and gives you limited open joint time before gelling.

great! :D i already glued it with the hyde glue! should i take it apart? and just use regular or should i keep going with the project?