building questions

Hi there! I'm building my first guitar finally and so far I've got my neck template done for 22 frets for a bolt on neck with a scale length of 25 1/2 in. and the nut width at i believe 1 5/8 in. but I am having problems figuring out I should make it so that the strings are correct length. I'd like it so that i have six in a line but I just don't know what I need to do.

Second thing is I'm building a stratocaster type body from scratch on ash, but the problem I have is that i don't have anything to trace it from, and I'd like this to be as well done as possible so it is evenly balanced. How can I calculate the arcs for this body?

Welcome to the forum Firestorm,

Second thing is I'm building a stratocaster type body from scratch on ash, but the problem I have is that i don't have anything to trace it from, and I'd like this to be as well done as possible so it is evenly balanced. How can I calculate the arcs for this body?

Please let me introduce you to the "search" function. It's that button at the top of the screen. Templates have been discussed before over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... you catch my drift.

To make a long story short you can make miracles with a strat picture, a printer, photoshop and a couple of blank sheets of paper.

Edited by Phil Mailloux