Good Pickups For Floyd Rose?

Radius540

yeah it came with ibz f1 humbuckers and cs single.

According to DiMarzio (who made the F1), the F1 is most similar to the Breed. This doesn't mean they're exact, of course, but if you're looking for a change of sound, the Breed might not be the best place to start since they're so similar. Personally, I LIKE the F1 a lot in my basswood/floyded radii (I have 3, and 2 of them have the F1).

The single is an C2, a rebranded HS2.

Edited by Jester700

I'll agree with Jester on this one, except I believe all the "IBZ" pickups were/are made by Ibanez in either Japan or Korea. They're not 'real' DiMarzio's, but they do have their own sound (not bad, but not great).

The Breeds are a good versatile pickup. I'm a TZ/AN man myself, with a Blue Velvet every now and again, but let your own ears decide for you.

Like Jester said, it depends on what sound you're going for. Breeds aren't all that popular in bluegrass bands, and the guys in Coldplay aren't using a lot of lipstick pickups. LOL

DiMarzio has a cool Buy It-Try it program. If you detest it's sound, send it back and they'll let you try another one. I'm not sure of the details, but check their site or email them for more info.

P.S.- Jester- thanks for the post on the Carvin board. I just found it (8 mos. later. LOL)

I'll agree with Jester on this one, except I believe all the "IBZ" pickups were/are made by Ibanez in either Japan or Korea. They're not 'real' DiMarzio's, but they do have their own sound (not bad, but not great).

...snip...

P.S.- Jester- thanks for the post on the Carvin board. I just found it (8 mos. later. LOL)

From DiMarzio's site:

The DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups in the Ibanez RG2120 and RG2570EX are specifically designed and manufactured by DiMarzio® for Ibanez, and they are not available separately. Like all DiMarzio® pickups, they are made in our New York factory.

They used to have a small chart that also included the F and C series, as well as some others they made for Fender & Yamaha, but I can't find that one now...

Hey Kevan, if I prop you in enough guitar forums, kin I git a tremol-no? ;-)

From DiMarzio's site:

The DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups in the Ibanez RG2120 and RG2570EX are specifically designed and manufactured by DiMarzio® for Ibanez, and they are not available separately. Like all DiMarzio® pickups, they are made in our New York factory.

They used to have a small chart that also included the F and C series, as well as some others they made for Fender & Yamaha, but I can't find that one now...

Hmmm....ok. I was thinking a little more old school, like 1992, but I'll go with it. Next time I talk to DiMarzio, I'll ask wassabi with this.

Hey Kevan, if I prop you in enough guitar forums, kin I git a tremol-no? ;-)
Heh heh...I wish it was that easy. It's greatly appreciated, but I won't have any units to give out until after manufacturing starts and they get me some sample units. I will say this: the more stuff that shows up in my daily Google search, the better. :-)

It's nice to know that even though someone hasn't even touched the product and has only seen pics of it online and descriptions from others, that they believe in it enough to post about it on forums, putting their rep on the line. That means a lot to me.

Thanks man!

It's nice to know that even though someone hasn't even touched the product and has only seen pics of it online and descriptions from others, that they believe in it enough to post about it on forums, putting their rep on the line. That means a lot to me.

Thanks man!

Well, this is just a great idea. Simple, to the point, and SHOULD'VE been invented back in the 80's! It's one of those things like the push-button locking ball bearing on a ratchet wrench - everyone says "MAN! I shoulda thunk of that!" Hopefully you get rich like that guy... :D

It's nice to know that even though someone hasn't even touched the product and has only seen pics of it online and descriptions from others, that they believe in it enough to post about it on forums, putting their rep on the line.  That means a lot to me.

Thanks man!

Well, this is just a great idea. Simple, to the point, and SHOULD'VE been invented back in the 80's! It's one of those things like the push-button locking ball bearing on a ratchet wrench - everyone says "MAN! I shoulda thunk of that!" Hopefully you get rich like that guy... :D

They have those? Man, that would be so nice. All of mine are like.. 15 years old.