Mid Range Control + More Ideas?

ankalar

I currently have a Carvin DC200 with active treble and bass controls, but I don't use them. I'm going to replace those two knobs with two other controls. For one of them, I am thinking that I might want to have a mid range boost/cut knob. Does anybody know how I could do this?

I'm going to be putting a push-push killswitch for the the volume knob, and it already has a phase switch and two coil taps. What other options can you guys think of for the second knob that I'm replacing?

Would the EMG VMC work on a guitar? It is in the bass section of the EMG site.

Absolutely! I have two of them installed now. I think the freq range is 300 to 3KHz - it's in the EMG documentation - certainly within a guitars range. I use it for boosting 2KHz about 6dB but it's nice to be able to change it for different songs.

I don't know why they only list it in the bass section - I stayed away from it for a while just because of that. Someone else recommended it to me and it definitely works. The only drawback is the price. To me, it is much better than a tone pot.