Aero Pickups For Bass

Dugz Ink

I will be building a bass this winter/spring, and I'm starting to do my research.

I was reading some reviews (on Harmony Central) about some of the Aero pickups. Does anybody have any opinions or advice about these?

I will be using it for rock, blues, and country... and it be a fretless.

Thanks!

D~s

I believe that aero received very very high remarks from Bass PLayer mag a ways back, passsive versions at least (I htink it got editors top choice tone award). Check their online archived reviews they may be very helpful. On a similar note I am going to make my own pickups for my next fretless bass scratch build, perhaps even a wooden adjustable bridge, we shall see.

Peace,

Ryan

I also read lots of good reviews of them on the EB MM forums. Most people seem to think that the MM pups sounds as good as the original and much better than the Seymour Duncan ones. Note that I haven't tried any yet.

However, I think they sell them around 150-200$ !!! I've got a hard time understanding why I should pay that much for 15$ worth of forbon, magnets and wire. That's also the reason why i'm building my own pups, it saves money. God knows how much I already spent on my bass. I'm saving where I can and pups is a good place to save.

150$ for a "commercial grade" pup buys you LOTS of magnets and wire for experimenting.

I've got a hard time understanding why I should pay that much for 15$ worth of forbon, magnets and wire.

That's one of the concerns that's going through my mind right now.

For that price, they have got to be the best of the best.

D~s