Where To Buy Strat Neck

Im looking to buy a maple strat neck for my project strat. I want it to be 22 fret and have a vintage colored tint on it. I live in Canada, and I dont know where to buy one from. Anyone know any good online dealers that would have something like this?? or would Long n Mqaude be able to order me something, and not pay a **** load?? btw, perferably not the Genuine Fender Replacement neck because that is quite expensive.

B)

Hey there Guitar dude...

I'm waiting for a neck to arrive any day now. It was billed as a mighty-mite maple and ebony strat neck with 22 jumbo frets. We shall see. I suspect their idea of jumbo and mine might be different.

I noticed that there are always a few necks on ebay...search using both "strat neck" and "stratocaster neck" and finally, "fender neck" to see all the items. Watch the ones that interest you and you can get a good price!!! Especially if it does not have "Fender" on the headstock. That little sticker seems to drive the price up noticeably. If you like something...email the seller and see if they will ship it to Canada if the shipping cost is covered by you. There are a few sellers that will not ship it north, either because of the hassle, or because we were not stupid enough to send our young soldiers to Iraq. Yes...some even said that.

On that point...I wish I had the neck to tell you right now....but if it does have nice frets and is a solid/finished item...I got it for a steal at about $150 Canadian(shipping and neck!!). It is my opinion that Fender makes a nice guitar, but it is overpriced and they are trading on ridiculous premises. For example....roughing up a new strat to look like a relic and charging a mint for it. Try that with a car you are trying to sell!!!!

Warmoth has a great site for talking about neck options (radius, truss rod, etc) and I believe that they make a fantastic neck.....but you can pay for it too!!!

Anyway...agree or disagree with me...I hope I gave you some ideas.

Guitarman :D

• 2 years later...

Guitar dude23

There is a dealer based in Alberta I think called Eden. They sell fender style necks and knock off bodies for really cheap. I've never bought anything from them so i can't say much about the value, but if you are on a tight budget, they sell necks for about $30 last time I checked. They don't have a nut in them but you could probably put one in yourself. Again, I don't know much about the quality but its an option.

:D

Guitar dude23

There is a dealer based in Alberta I think called Eden. They sell fender style necks and knock off bodies for really cheap. I've never bought anything from them so i can't say much about the value, but if you are on a tight budget, they sell necks for about $30 last time I checked. They don't have a nut in them but you could probably put one in yourself. Again, I don't know much about the quality but its an option.

:D

If you're talking about the ebay Eden, that stuff comes from Hong Kong. The strat (small 's') bodies and necks they sell have a squared tele (small 't') style heel and don't match standard Fender stuff. I've heard that some of the other details are off as well, not to mention steep shipping charges and instances of freight damage. It's ok it you don't mind that sort of thing, but I'd think most people do. :D

• 2 months later...
Guitar dude23

B)

If you're talking about the ebay Eden, that stuff comes from Hong Kong. The strat (small 's') bodies and necks they sell have a squared tele (small 't') style heel and don't match standard Fender stuff. I've heard that some of the other details are off as well, not to mention steep shipping charges and instances of freight damage. It's ok it you don't mind that sort of thing, but I'd think most people do. :D

Actually man,Eden has 2 stores.One is in Hong Kong and the other one is in Canada.I personally think that AllParts is teh best choice.They have really nice necks for like $160-$200. :D