Bass Pickup Placement

Dugz Ink

Which pickup position do you prefer to use on your bass guitar?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This isn't just a poll... it's a survey to collect more information on pickup placement.

Any information or experience that you can post here will be helpful to all of us.

If I have left out something big, please excuse my ignorance.

D~s

Edited by Dugz Ink

I prefer a very wide space between neck and bridge jazz pickups. This way you get a bit of extremes from each pickup. However for slappers a pickup at the 30th or so "fret position" on a 24 fretter can be in the way, but I have slapping well enough alone for many years. Currently I am "prototyping" a bass with only an undersaddle transducer, fretless of course.

Peace

Ryan

Seems that whenever I play a bass that even has a pickup near the neck, I tend to favor that pickup. My own bass has a split p-bass pick-up half way between. Your typical P-bass sound which I never found very impressive.

I'm thinking single coil near the neck, if I get to build a frankenpartsbass one of these days.

top.jpg

that one...

i use both pups at all times, plus a volume pedal and the on-board EQ if something doesn't sound right. low for smoothness, mid for growl, high for punch and what i refer to as "ting" if that makes sense to anyone else.

EDIT - fixed img to correct URL

Edited by StratDudeDan